SiouxSports.com Forum

By May ...

The Sicatoka

Yah dude, keep using that stupid Sundog reference even though everyone knows it won't be anything near that.  Cool, brodog.

You're really gonna stick it to the man when you keep wearing your Sioux jersey, that will show 'em!

Your right......... I will be that guy that everyone will be making fun of saying "look at that tool" he is wearing a Sioux jersey.

• Upvote 2

...and in three months those of us that support the University of North Dakota will have a new nickname to rally around.  You and Fetch can gather around your blackhawk logos and talk about the past.  The rest of us will support the current teams that are actually wearing the new logo/nickname. 

Support for the "Fighting Sioux" nickname and logo is not inconsistent with support for the teams/school.  One does not rectify or oppose an intrinsic moral wrong through passive acceptance and by "moving on."  In 1940, the French did that to save Paris.  We do that today by not demanding convictions for the fraud perpetrated on the taxpayer through so-called derivative sales .  A wrong is a wrong.   Jeremiah 6:15 would be applicable to the NCAA, Kelley, etc. the Sioux and  instant "process":  "They have healed the brokenness of My people superficially, Saying, 'Peace, peace,' But there is no peace.  "Were they ashamed because of the abomination they have done? They were not even ashamed at all; They did not even know how to blush......"

• Upvote 1

You can wear the Sioux logo and support the school and you can wear a (insert new nickname/logo here) and support the school. I could go to the ND HS hockey tournament in my GFC Redskins jacket and cheer on GFC with a guy wearing a GFC Knights jacket. Its the same school....Grand Forks Central.  Just remember the saying when UND moved up to DI.....WE ARE ONE, WE ARE NORTH DAKOTA!!!

You can wear the Sioux logo and support the school and you can wear a (insert new nickname/logo here) and support the school. I could go to the ND HS hockey tournament in my GFC Redskins jacket and cheer on GFC with a guy wearing a GFC Knights jacket. Its the same school....Grand Forks Central. Just remember the saying when UND moved up to DI.....WE ARE ONE, WE ARE NORTH DAKOTA!!!

So you are the guy that Teeder and Sioux83 were making fun of wearing the Redskins jacket at the game.......

Good for you! Must be nice to know better than everyone else.

Add me to that "living in the past" list. I am sure that we will be the only 3 not wearing Sundogs jerseys, but we will be able to cope being in the minority.

If you want an example of people movig on, go to a UND sporting event.  You are seeing less and less Sioux gear.  What percentage of the crowd yells "Sioux" at the end of the anthem?  My point is there are people that realize that UND will never be the Fighting Sioux anymore and have moved on.  Yes, I am the first one to say how dissapointed I am that UND will no longer be known as the Fighing Sioux.  But there are people like you that want to hold on to something that needs to be let go.  Not comparing losing the name to a death in the family, but there is a process that is similar.  Sure we all want the name to still be around.  Its sucks given the circumstances of how we lost it.  But you need to face the fact that UND will be selecting a new name and logo.  Merchandise will be sold with the new name/logo on it.  People at games will be wearing new jerseys and chamting a new name.  You can still remember and hang on to all your Fighting Sioux apparel.  Heck, even wear it to games.  But the majority of the crowd will be supporting the University and they will be doing so by wearing new apparel with the new name and logo and chanting the new name when cheering on the teams. 

If you want an example of people movig on, go to a UND sporting event.  You are seeing less and less Sioux gear.  What percentage of the crowd yells "Sioux" at the end of the anthem?  My point is there are people that realize that UND will never be the Fighting Sioux anymore and have moved on.  Yes, I am the first one to say how dissapointed I am that UND will no longer be known as the Fighing Sioux.  But there are people like you that want to hold on to something that needs to be let go.  Not comparing losing the name to a death in the family, but there is a process that is similar.  Sure we all want the name to still be around.  Its sucks given the circumstances of how we lost it.  But you need to face the fact that UND will be selecting a new name and logo.  Merchandise will be sold with the new name/logo on it.  People at games will be wearing new jerseys and chamting a new name.  You can still remember and hang on to all your Fighting Sioux apparel.  Heck, even wear it to games.  But the majority of the crowd will be supporting the University and they will be doing so by wearing new apparel with the new name and logo and chanting the new name when cheering on the teams.

Unfortunately, attrition will win out in the end when it comes to what people wear and that is why you see non-Sioux gear for the most part.

Also, I think Sioux is screamed just as loud if not louder after the anthem.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, attrition will win out in the end when it comes to what people wear and that is why you see non-Sioux gear for the most part.

Also, I think Sioux is screamed just as loud if not louder after the anthem.

At the hockey games, yes.... at the football games, it's markedly less, and at all other sports, it's barely audible and sometimes not uttered at all.  Not saying it's a bad thing. I've always liked it, as it's part of our institution's history.

At the hockey games, yes.... at the football games, it's markedly less, and at all other sports, it's barely audible and sometimes not uttered at all. Not saying it's a bad thing. I've always liked it, as it's part of our institution's history.

Barely audible, just like the fan base in general. Not trying to knock the other sports, but they aren't exactly filling the seats as of late. I hope Bubba and co. get the football program turned around so there is a better atmosphere! By the sounds of things, it might be awhile for the men's bb program. :-(

A poll on who do u respect Ralph or Frank B or Kelly Admin. Would be interesting

Why don't throw Tom Clifford in there, too, for good measure? I have the utmost respect for all four of those men and their individual opinions on things, and I would venture to guess they respected mine, or at least they gave me no indication that they did not. BTW, I have had long polite conversations with all four men.

I stopped reading after this.

What games are you going to, because I've been to Mens and Women's Basketball games, hockey, and football games THIS YEAR and I'd say the exact OPPOSITE is true.  If anything, people are wearing MORE Sioux gear. 

• Upvote 4

What games are you going to, because I've been to Mens and Women's Basketball games, hockey, and football games THIS YEAR and I'd say the exact OPPOSITE is true.  If anything, people are wearing MORE Sioux gear. 

I live in Fargo and I see double the Sioux gear than Bison gear when I am out. As far as the games go I would say 90% of people are in Sioux gear.

I would say that is true. I have seen about the same amount of Sioux gear at all the games I go to. At the same time, I have seen a huge surge of "UND" and "North Dakota" gear at the same games, presumably because that is what is largely sold today. Though,I guess if you were voting with your dollars, it would not be that hard to pop into Scheel's or the Sioux Shop at the Ralph to pick up some new Sioux gear.

I would say that is true. I have seen about the same amount of Sioux gear at all the games I go to. At the same time, I have seen a huge surge of "UND" and "North Dakota" gear at the same games, presumably because that is what is largely sold today. Though,I guess if you were voting with your dollars, it would not be that hard to pop into Scheel's or the Sioux Shop at the Ralph to pick up some new Sioux gear.

I don't know where you live, but Scheels stores in ND have ZERO Sioux gear anymore. The Sioux shop has virtually none also. 

As far as sioux gear - the last few yrs I have never seen so much Sioux gear (cool stuff too) most Folks like me have more than we would have if our name had not been unfairly taken from us - to think it will not be used for a long time is ridicules - I hope a acceptable name is found - if not we will remain Fighting Sioux until we die or our gear wears out & even then most of us will reuse all the logos forever

As far as sioux gear - the last few yrs I have never seen so much Sioux gear (cool stuff too) most Folks like me have more than we would have if our name had not been unfairly taken from us - to think it will not be used for a long time is ridicules - I hope a acceptable name is found - if not we will remain Fighting Sioux until we die or it wears out & even then most of us will reuse all the logos forever

This I can agree with.