SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite sport to watch

Marty

What is your favorite sport to watch?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite sport to watch?

• Hockey
    • Football
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Golf
    • Tennis
    • Other

I just thought it would be interesting to see how many Sioux fans actually list hockey as their favorite sport to watch.

My favorite sport to watch is football followed closely by hockey. I can watch just about any football game that is on tv. I have trouble watching hockey games other than the Sioux and Wild.

Interesting because I can't sit through an entire football game. Too much stoppage in play. However, it is better than basketball and baseball. With baseball, I can run to the convenience store for a snack and get back in time to see who's up next to hit.

With basketball, I just find the sport boring and there is some inner resentment because everyone is so tall and I'm so damn short.

The stoppages wreck so many other sports. I normally watch the Vikes for the first quater and then do something else. They are either already losing or I get bored.

Hockey isn't the easiest to watch on TV, but at least there is always action. Unless you are stuck watching a 55 minute ice repair job. :silly:

College sports are by far the funnest to watch. The crowd and you never know who'll win.

College hockey

Juniors Hockey

NHL Hockey

Spring Break Jello wrestling

Sorority Girl Pillow fights

Pole Dancing

Wet t-shirt contests

Lingerie Bowl (Janet who?)

Women's beach volleyball

Girls Gone Wild (Title IX cure-all)

Greased pig chasing (not to be confused with sorority rush at 'SU)

1) Spelling Bee Contest

2) World Poker Tour

3) Lumberjack Competition

4) Chess Tourney

5) Paint Dry ( :lol: )

6) Dog Competitions

7) Bowling

Of course I am kidding, but ESPN isn't when they show this CRAP and rarely have College Hockey (except National tourney) on one of the 5,000 ESPN channels.

What a joke!!!!! :)

I agree 100% Carl. It is frustrating that they show bowling and the spelling bee on ESPN but they don't show college hockey. However I do find the World Series of Poker very interesting, seriously. I think not showing college hockey might have to do with the time scheduling. There is college b-ball during the college hockey season and about 75% of the country would rather watch college b-ball.

NFL football is certainly my favorite sport. (Go Vikes!!) I live in Madison, WI and have Vikings season tickets (I GLADLY make the commute for every home game and typically see one or two aways games as well). And, of course, I have Sunday NFL ticket to see all the away games that I don't go to in person.

College hockey (specifically Sioux hockey) is definitely a close second. When I lived in Grand Forks, ND (where I was born and raised, BTW), I had season tickets for several years (at least when I wasn't a student getting in for free). Sioux hockey is THE reason I most miss living in Grand Forks. None of the sports bars seem to be able to get the games this year (something about the signal from the Ralph changing from variable analog to variable digital). DANG IT!!!!!!! :)

1. Sioux hockey

2. College football -> any level

3. Viking football :)

4. Other college hockey

5. Major college hoops

6. Any high school sports

7. NASCAR

8. Pro Darts

9. 5-pin bowling

10. Aussie rules football

67. Twins baseball

106. Woodmutts basketball

908. NHL Hockey

Thinking of hockey tonight I was watching the Thrasher - Oilers game tonight. At the end of the third period a hugh melee broke out. Even the goalies ened up facing off at center ice, there were fights breaking out all over the place on the ice, Andy Sutton was whopping up Eric Brewer, and one of the Atlanta players ended up throwing an oiler player into the Atlanta box, at this time the Atlanta player proceded to kick the Oiler player that was on the opposing bench A$$.

Now the catch to all this was Atlanta's goalie Byron Dafoe had pulled his groin earlier in the game and had to leave the game/ice during the second period, leaving Atlanta with one goalie so when Ty Conklin dropped the gloves with Atlanta's goalie (I can't spell is name or remember it) at center ice both of the goalies got thrown out of the game after the fight. This caused Atlanta to finish playing the game with-out a goalie to play the rest of the game. Interesting.

So I would have to say that I like NHL hockey the most, followed by College hockey.

How much time was left? Did it affect the outcome? Any EN goals?

Still not as funny as Matt Yeats of Maine leaving the ice when he thought a penalty was called, only to realize that it was HIS team getting the penalty. :) Goofs couldn't even score on the empty net though.

How much time was left? Did it affect the outcome? Any EN goals?

Still not as funny as Matt Yeats of Maine leaving the ice when he thought a penalty was called, only to realize that it was HIS team getting the penalty. :) Goofs couldn't even score on the empty net though.

There was one to two minutes left in the game and only one empty net goal was scored.