SiouxSports.com Forum

Division I Football Championship Game

Hayduke

Where's MM now saying OSU should have been "out" due to that pathetic home loss to VA Tech? ;)

I would agree with him. Ohio State winning tonight just solidifies the fact that the FBS did things wrong for too many years and that they need to make the playoff field 8 teams as the team who if not for political influence and size and money would have and should have been the 5 seed based upon their regular season just won the national title.

And to think the B1G was left for dead last September 14.

Ohio state is an outlier.

They play by a different set of standards than the rest of the teams in the Big 10 with regard to who they recruit and who they let into school....They were dirty with Tressel and with Urban they are a kind of clean SEC school. Them winning really shouldn't elevate the B10 from the fact they were the 4th best conference in football.

I was cheering for Ohio State to win because I want the powers that be to realize thatit's not always the top 2 teams in the country that are capable of winning a National Championship.  Ohio Stae was the #4 seed and according to many people they should not have even been in the final 4 in the playoffs.  They scored 34 points and 42 points respectively against the top 2 teams in the country.  That is impressive.  Further proof that expanding to a college football playoff with 4 teams was the right thing to so and giving more steam to expanding it it even more.  In the playoffs anything can happen.  That's why they play the games.  So when it comes to FBS college playoff footbal games, why not play more?!!

• Upvote 1

I was cheering for Ohio State to win because I want the powers that be to realize thatit's not always the top 2 teams in the country that are capable of winning a National Championship.  Ohio Stae was the #4 seed and according to many people they should not have even been in the final 4 in the playoffs.  They scored 34 points and 42 points respectively against the top 2 teams in the country.  That is impressive.  Further proof that expanding to a college football playoff with 4 teams was the right thing to so and giving more steam to expanding it it even more.  In the playoffs anything can happen.  That's why they play the games.  So when it comes to FBS college playoff footbal games, why not play more?!!

They should have started out with 8 teams.  They'll probably have to in the next couple of years as it becomes obvious that 4 leaves too many deserving teams out.