SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

If we get an all inclusive list I will hand deliver it.  Not saying 100% will be on the video but we should be able to get a lot on it.

Big thing that UND marketing/gameday staff needs to be aware of too is that these highlights should not be limited to only the opening intro video.

Its perfectly okay and actually beneficial to play highlights at halftime or during quarter breaks to get the fans into the game. Many universities do this around the country.

Biggest example would be previous game highlights so average fans are familiar with what the team has been doing/accomplishing in recent weeks ...

• Upvote 2

Rattelle sacking Wentz.

Rettelle blowing up the NDSU RB who tried to jump.

Rattelle at the goal line stuffing Prukop.

Juwon Johnson huge hit, can't remember who it was against. He may have gotten a penalty for flexing after.

Harris pick 6 against Bowling Green

Any one of the many times Dan Hendrickson blew somebody apart on kickoff coverage.

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Rattelle sacking Wentz.

Juwon Johnson huge hit, can't remember who it was against. He may have gotten a penalty for flexing after.

Any one of the many times Dan Hendrickson blew somebody apart on kickoff coverage.

I wouldn't advise showing plays from a game UND lost by....I can't remember the score. We left at halftime. 

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Reindeau decleater against UNC.  Possibly the biggest hit I've seen.  

Cole Reyes knocking out UNC running back.....

Cole Reyes strip interception against NAU last year.  Man I had to watch that about ten times.  Cole's timing and quickness was awesome.

Also something from the Montana and Montana State wins in the Alerus. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Cole Reyes strip interception against NAU last year.  Man I had to watch that about ten times.  Cole's timing and quickness was awesome.

Also something from the Montana and Montana State wins in the Alerus. 

You mean the 39 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or the 43 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or are you talking about the 32 yd TD reception by Harden with 12 seconds left to win the game?!!  Or one of the 42 completions by Hanson?  Or maybe one of his 5 TD's en route to a record breaking 660 yards passing?!!

Man, that was one hell of a game!!!

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You mean the 39 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or the 43 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or are you talking about the 32 yd TD reception by Harden with 12 seconds left to win the game?!!  Or one of the 42 completions by Hanson?  Or maybe one of his 5 TD's en route to a record breaking 660 yards passing?!!

That was.  I almost walked out.  Left my seat and the comeback came alive.  wow.  Another Sioux fan about to leave stood along side and we both shook our heads.  Hanson to Hardin connection was amazing.  Should have at least 3 plays from that game.

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

That game was one I'll never forget! We were walking down the hallway and talked a Montana fan into taking his grizz football shirt and throwing it into the garbage after that one. He was pretty mad.

3 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

That game was one I'll never forget! We were walking down the hallway and talked a Montana fan into taking his grizz football shirt and throwing it into the garbage after that one. He was pretty mad.

That was the longest game I've ever been to. I was absolutely starving after,

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

That was a fun game. We sat near a bunch of Griz fans and they were fun especially how disappointed they looked when we won. 

Maybe it's been mentioned already, but I think field level seating/standing areas behind the endzones could be an interesting idea.  It could be something similar to the standing areas up above the endzones, or it could be sectioned off into 3 or 4 group seating/standing areas on each end.

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2017 at 10:17 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Rattelle sacking Wentz.

That his on Prukop was aweseome! I had to re-watch that was several times. Prukop was pissed after that one.

12 minutes ago, F'nHawks said:

Maybe it's been mentioned already, but I think field level seating/standing areas behind the endzones could be an interesting idea.  It could be something similar to the standing areas up above the endzones, or it could be sectioned off into 3 or 4 group seating/standing areas on each end.

I provided a few posts on this within this thread a while back. I strongly agree this should be looked into.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

And it only took 16 years

Alerus Center definitely half-assed it for a long time ... the gameday atmosphere committee and new Alerus Center management seems to be making a difference so far, though (consider new sound system).