SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

This^

The place needs some natural light badly. The rest are good suggestions as well. I just get stuck on how dull it can be in there.

Not sure how you are going to get natural light in there without having it costing a ton!!  The Alerus Center is toeing the line with being in the red every year.  What makes you think they would spend money on renovations that only benifit the UND football team! They wouldn't even put an interlocking ND logo on the turf!!

Not sure how you are going to get natural light in there without having it costing a ton!!  The Alerus Center is toeing the line with being in the red every year.  What makes you think they would spend money on renovations that only benifit the UND football team! They wouldn't even put an interlocking ND logo on the turf!!

I fully understand that it will never happen...seems more like a wish list thread than anything. Take a breath and relax.

I fully understand that it will never happen...seems more like a wish list thread than anything. Take a breath and relax.

I hear ya.  I'm relaxed. :)  No suprose that the "dull atmosphere" coincided with the team having seasons with losing records and being blown out.  Back in the early 2000's when we were winning, the place was loud and buzzing!!  It's been siad a hundred times and will be sent 100 times more....win and the problem will solve itself. 

• Upvote 3

I think some of the changes noted would improve the gameday experience so as we continue to improve in the win column and get people back, they look forward to going and games become an event.  They become something that people look forward to attending and making a day out of. 

Personal request.... improve the beer selection. It'd be cool if they set up an arrangement with Fargo brewing or Rhombus once they're up and running.

I'll give them a little credit for the"craft"stand that has a few different options. Rhombus does currently sell pizza, thought that was a good start for outside vendors.

Sound sucks, the scoreboard are nice but fix the stuff on it. Have out of town scores updated more frequently. Have live stats. Would be nice to have cupholders, but I suppose that would take away from seating since the aisles are very slim as it is. Biggest thing to get people in the building...WIN!!

Lower level home side got cupholders towards end of season.  

• Upvote 1

Here's what's really needed at the Alerus.

High caliber football players.

We filled the Alerus when we had them and we will again when we get them.

T

Yes, but a little commitment from the people producing and hosting gameday would be nice. This is nothing novel; just some effort is needed.

Even though no one seemed to know how to properly use them, the upgrades to the video boards and scoreboards was above and beyond as well.  Hopefully they can get the operator error part cleared up by next season. 

I think just adding the game time to the other team scores would make a huge difference.  I realized halfway through the season that I was irritated that the scores weren't updated for games that likely hadn't even started yet! 

I think just adding the game time to the other team scores would make a huge difference.  I realized halfway through the season that I was irritated that the scores weren't updated for games that likely hadn't even started yet! 

ugh... don't get me started on in-game production stuff with UND... maybe it's nostalgic, but I thought it was way better with less in the 2000's. I'd rather see in-game stats. Whenever I go to Fargo for games, that rushing yards, passing yards board is actually very helpful. Put up some scores with the times during breaks or something. 

This^

The place needs some natural light badly. The rest are good suggestions as well. I just get stuck on how dull it can be in there.

What if they removed the "tin" panels on the south end zone and inserted some sort of see through panels? On the lines of the Kibbie Dome?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.opsisarch.com/wp-content/uploads/740x600-UI-Kibbie-Dome-02.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.opsisarch.com/blog/project/ui-kibbie-dome/&h=202&w=249&tbnid=hoTDNKlnTPyhKM:&zoom=1&tbnh=160&tbnw=197&usg=__-3yucy960Lhm2ElgS0-ahpWXhaE=&docid=a-gepvAivfs5lM&itg=1&ved=0CCUQyjc&ei=mkW1VP6oBJCqyAT45IDgAw

ugh... don't get me started on in-game production stuff with UND... maybe it's nostalgic, but I thought it was way better with less in the 2000's. I'd rather see in-game stats. Whenever I go to Fargo for games, that rushing yards, passing yards board is actually very helpful. Put up some scores with the times during breaks or something. 

That's one of the first things I said after seeing the new video boards in action.  I get it you want to advertise and promote events....but do we really need to see the entire game that we play Stoneybrook in 2 weeks for the entire game?  Having rushing yards, passing yards, and total yards and a few other individual stats like QB stats would be so much better.

That's one of the first things I said after seeing the new video boards in action.  I get it you want to advertise and promote events....but do we really need to see the entire game that we play Stoneybrook in 2 weeks for the entire game?  Having rushing yards, passing yards, and total yards and a few other individual stats like QB stats would be so much better.

Still think that they just didn't know how to use it yet.  Though I also expected to see improvements throughout the year but didn't.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/3653872-population-availability-present-struggles-booking-concerts-grand-forks

"the Alerus Center gains most of its revenue from conferences, but booking a lot of conferences can leave fewer dates available for concerts, Swanson said. And during UND football season, that is the venue's top priority, which also reduces its availability for concerts."

Could have fooled me!!! :)

• Upvote 1

Did someone just complain that the laser in the press box is too boring?

Think about that statement for a bit.  Talk about privileged fans who look to complain about anything.

No, I said they aren't using all of the resources fully. That's wasteful. ;)