SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

But I do feel it's funny a bison fan is telling me that copycatting is weak. NDSU's athletic department lives by copying others. Don't get me started....

The copycatting all started in 1890 when ND Agricultural College started after we were in buisness for 7 years (1883).

In the early part of the last century, they were called the Fighting Aggies. How many of you knew that?

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

But I do feel it's funny a bison fan is telling me that copycatting is weak. NDSU's athletic department lives by copying others. Don't get me started....

I already started by saying it's weak that NDSU does that...so..yeah...go for it I guess?

39 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The copycatting all started in 1890 when ND Agricultural College started after we were in buisness for 7 years (1883).

In the early part of the last century, they were called the Fighting Aggies. How many of you knew that?

I think most people are familiar they used to have a different nickname.  I think they've also went by Farmers at one point. Wish they'd kept one of those old names.  

45 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I already started by saying it's weak that NDSU does that...so..yeah...go for it I guess?

I think most people are familiar they used to have a different nickname.  I think they've also went by Farmers at one point. Wish they'd kept one of those old names.  

So their logo could look like Nebraska's. Instead of red just sub in yellow and Farmers instead of Huskers and boom.

nebraskacornhuskersherbie(a).jpg

Although glass on one end and seating in the other end zone would be spectacular upgrades, it is quite the pipe dream.

From a realistic perspective, I would say:

1) NEW sound system

2) New turf with fighting hawks logo at midfield and end zones -- this could become reality in a few years as the Big Sky logos will also need to be replaced by MVFC logos

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Although glass on one end and seating in the other end zone would be spectacular upgrades, it is quite the pipe dream.

1) NEW sound system

2) New turf with fighting hawks logo at midfield and end zones -- this could become reality in a few years as the Big Sky logos will also need to be replaced by MVFC logos

In the end zones I would just put the word--- Hawks---.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

1) NEW sound system

The current turf was installed prior to the 2013 season.  We join the MVFC in 2020.  I would anticipate the Alerus waiting until then to install new turf.  Still relatively new.   Hopefully when they do replace it the 3rd times the charm and the Alerus decides to put in a midfield logo that IS NOT the Alerus Center logo but the Fighting Hawks logo.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The current turf was installed prior to the 2013 season.  We join the MVFC in 2020.  I would anticipate the Alerus waiting until then to install new turf.  Still relatively new.   Hopefully when they do replace it the 3rd times the charm and the Alerus decides to put in a midfield logo that IS NOT the Alerus Center logo but the Fighting Hawks logo.

The Alerus Center might not be the Alerus Center in 2021.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

The Alerus Center might not be the Alerus Center in 2021.

50 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

When do the naming rights expire there?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/business/3884883-alerus-center-officials-gauge-naming-rights-value-negotiations-begin

According to this article from 2015, the deal was for 20 years.  So it will expire in 2021.

Also, I guess I didn't realize the Alerus Center changed their logo.  Ironically one that features "bird wings" in the A.

Alerus Center.jpg