SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy, sell, or trade

MafiaMan

Any chance of a forum for buying, selling, or trading items?

Good idea.

The board owner is not available for a few more days. I'll make sure he sees this question when he is available. 

Signed, 

The Management

So that's a 'no,' then?  :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I'm no computer geek so I've never been able to figure out how to upload a picture here - on other sites it's a matter of clicking on the image shortcut and uploading an image - but here it wants a URL, how do I make an image a URL to upload it? 

Okay I'm no computer geek so I've never been able to figure out how to upload a picture here - on other sites it's a matter of clicking on the image shortcut and uploading an image - but here it wants a URL, how do I make an image a URL to upload it? 

Yeah this is odd couldnt get mine to load either.

People already buy/sell things like jerseys in the respective sports forums. Plus, there's a forum just for tickets. 

I suppose we could expand the ticket buy/sell into "Tickets, memorabilia, etc... buy/sell"? But I always thought people kind of liked having those threads in the sports forums.

People already buy/sell things like jerseys in the respective sports forums. Plus, there's a forum just for tickets.

I suppose we could expand the ticket buy/sell into "Tickets, memorabilia, etc... buy/sell"? But I always thought people kind of liked having those threads in the sports forums.

Most of the memorabilia seems to involve hockey stuff but I just thought it would keep the regular forums from clogging up. It's easy to lose track of a specialty thread like that (see Big A HG's, for example) once other topics are added.

I like the ticket forum totally separate - just thought a catch-all for anything someone wanted to look for, sell, or trade (wouldn't even have to be Sioux-related, I suppose) sounded like a good idea.

Any reason you couldn't do a sub-forum under the tickets.  Something like:

Siouxsports / UND Community / Tickets wanted / Other Items for Sale

or would you have to do a completely separate forum for Items for Sale, moving out of UND Community, and then separate out tickets and other item

Siouxsports / Items for Sale / Tickets wanted

Siouxsports / Items for Sale / Other items for sale

Thought being having the tickets separate is probably easier/cleaner.  I have no clue how much work any of this would be.  I think you do a great job running the site, just throwing some ideas out there.

• 1 year later...

I'm just wondering if anything came from this suggestion. Just a few reasons why I think this would be a good idea is:

1. The market has been flooded with Chinese knockoffs that are waaaay overpriced. True Sioux fans might want Sioux memorabilia to stay with true Sioux fans.

2. There is a forum within men's hockey that is about counterfeit or legit jerseys and people asking for help to distinguish between them (I'm one that commented in there). I feel like just the presence of that topic might bother others that want to talk about what the forum is supposed to be about: hockey. I feel bad about interrupting everybody else just for help finding a jersey.

Anywho, if it's too much hassle or if you feel it's still not worth it then that's fine. Just thought I'd bring it up again.

You guys do great work! Huge fan of the website and have been for years! I read most things but comment very little so please don't mistake me as a random passerby with few comments that talks just to talk.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally wouldn't mind having a buy/sell/trade forum.

But, normally we do such a thing when there's a problem with a topic dominating a forum, so we split it out into its own. I don't feel like the number of buy/sell/trade threads in any of the sports forums is overwhelming, and I think the people who participate in the buy/sell/trade threads in the hockey forum actually appreciate the increased traffic it gets from being in that forum. That's my one concern with just giving it a shot, is if we forced the sale threads into a separate forum would the decreased traffic harm them?

I don't have a strong opinion on this, that's just my gut reaction. 

• 1 month later...