SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NCAA Men's Basketball

MafiaMan

A little late to the party for sure, but did anyone else see the crazy end to last night's Florida State vs Florida game? The Seminoles win on a buzzer-beater tap-in of an airballed 3-point attempt - but the tap-in was an unfortunate miscue by one of the GATORS who was completely alone under the basket. Somehow he managed to deflect the ball with his fingertips off the glass and thru the hoop.

Crunchers for everyone when we get back to Gainesville, boys...

I would be curious to see any other time that a team was winning the game and the opponent attempted a desperation three pointer and the trailing team accidentally tipped the errant buzzer beater attempt off the backboard and in to lose the game. That's a fluke if there ever was one. Flukes don't "happen". That's why they are flukes.

• 1 month later...

I saw on PTI that the NCAA were thinking of changing the shot clock from 35 to 30, I think that would be good to generate more scoring and be in line with everyone else except the NBA. They (PTI guys) said the NIT was going to try this out. Any thoughts?

I saw on PTI that the NCAA were thinking of changing the shot clock from 35 to 30, I think that would be good to generate more scoring and be in line with everyone else except the NBA. They (PTI guys) said the NIT was going to try this out. Any thoughts?

Meh.  The only thing that might generate better play in college basketball is this: 

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/2/14/8038431/freshmen-ineligible-college-sports-nba-age-limit

It'll never happen though.  Of course, Kentucky would object, as would its current class of "student-athletes" (and I use that term loosely) on the basketball court this season:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/pac-12-commissioner-proposes-freshmen-ineligibility-rule-for-college-basketball-is-stupid/