SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-NDSU discussions all topics

iramurphy

According to Bisonville, North Dakota kids are no longer good enough for them.  They are above them and will only take a few per year now.  That is, now that they only got two in-state kids and UND got six.  Before it was vital to get ND kids, back when Mussman did a terrible job.  

Maybe they should send their coaches into schools (like Davies and Moorhead) before the middle of January.  I see they are lying again over there saying they weren't recruiting the Hartness's at all.  Why was Hedberg at Davies last week?  After putting the press on Lawrence at Moorhead.  

• Upvote 1

If you want to read the most insanely idiotic, stupidest thing you have ever read in your life, here you go:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32690-Bohl-News&p=977663#post977663

Now apparently UND had asked Momoh to sign up for Rivals so he could achieve a "3-star level".  Never minding the fact that he already went to rivals camps long before committing to UND.  Also, why didn't any of UND's other commits get that "star" ranking when they went to a rivals camp and then committed?  Why would UND want their recruits publicized early in the summer so as to potentially let every other school know about them?

I don't even know what more to say.  I am losing faith in humanity after reading that and thinking that people over there believe him.

If you want to read the most insanely idiotic, stupidest thing you have ever read in your life, here you go:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32690-Bohl-News&p=977663#post977663

Now apparently UND had asked Momoh to sign up for Rivals so he could achieve a "3-star level". Never minding the fact that he already went to rivals camps long before committing to UND. Also, why didn't any of UND's other commits get that "star" ranking when they went to a rivals camp and then committed? Why would UND want their recruits publicized early in the summer so as to potentially let every other school know about them?

I don't even know what more to say. I am losing faith in humanity after reading that and thinking that people over there believe him.

I have no idea what he's talking about - most of NDSUs Minnesota commits are on rivals. He's saying that if any of NDSUs recruits signed up they would all be 3 stars, but they are on there and aren't. Not sure I get what the heck he's saying.

I have no idea what he's talking about - most of NDSUs Minnesota commits are on rivals. He's saying that if any of NDSUs recruits signed up they would all be 3 stars, but they are on there and aren't. Not sure I get what the heck he's saying.

Stars are a crap shoot anyway. Sure there are "can't miss" guys out there but those guys arent playing FCS football.

Win your state, win your region, you'll win games. See: most successful programs.

According to Bisonville, North Dakota kids are no longer good enough for them.  They are above them and will only take a few per year now.  That is, now that they only got two in-state kids and UND got six.  Before it was vital to get ND kids, back when Mussman did a terrible job.  

Maybe they should send their coaches into schools (like Davies and Moorhead) before the middle of January.  I see they are lying again over there saying they weren't recruiting the Hartness's at all.  Why was Hedberg at Davies last week?  After putting the press on Lawrence at Moorhead.  

I'm glad your happy with the ND recruits.  We're very happy with our local kids.  All the ND kids on our roster have rings - some of them 4.  Your ND kids have memories of getting their asses kicked numerous times through out their playing days.... Just getting ND kids for the sake of having them means nothing..

• Upvote 1

I'm glad your happy with the ND recruits.  We're very happy with our local kids.  All the ND kids on our roster have rings - some of them 4.  Your ND kids have memories of getting their asses kicked numerous times through out their playing days.... Just getting ND kids for the sake of having them means nothing..

This comment = pure class. 

• Upvote 2

And I know a local kid who has 3 rings from SU and has been done with school since last May.  He has no job and isn't really interested in looking for one.  He sits in his parent's basement all day playing video games.  Is that what it means to be a football player at SU?

Those rings don't mean squat if you don't get anything else out of college.  My son won't play college football and won't have any rings but I trust that his future will be a lot brighter as a teacher and coach for the next 40+ years vs. some of the slugs that have those rings.

There is a hell of lot more to be learned in college than what you get on the football field and the number of rings don't really tell much of the story.

• Upvote 1

And I know a local kid who has 3 rings from SU and has been done with school since last May.  He has no job and isn't really interested in looking for one.  He sits in his parent's basement all day playing video games.  Is that what it means to be a football player at SU?

Those rings don't mean squat if you don't get anything else out of college.  My son won't play college football and won't have any rings but I trust that his future will be a lot brighter as a teacher and coach for the next 40+ years vs. some of the slugs that have those rings.

There is a hell of lot more to be learned in college than what you get on the football field and the number of rings don't really tell much of the story.

I know someone - I know someone.......

• Upvote 1

Moving this to the appropriate topic so the Recruiting thread isn't cluttered up again.

We just got a PWO that had a scholarship offer from WIU. 

The kid had a partial scholarship offer to WIU, which doesn't offer reciprocity to Minnesota students.  His cost to attend WIU would have been somewhere between $22K-25K/year (depending on credit hours taken) to go to WIU before a partial scholarship.  His cost to attend NDSU will be around $16K/year as a PWO and he has family ties to NDSU.  Going to go out on a limb and guess the kid is coming out around the same on out of pocket and if he earns any sort of scholarship at NDSU over the next few years, he'll come out ahead. 

Moving this to the appropriate topic so the Recruiting thread isn't cluttered up again.

The kid had a partial scholarship offer to WIU, which doesn't offer reciprocity to Minnesota students. His cost to attend WIU would have been somewhere between $22K-25K/year (depending on credit hours taken) to go to WIU before a partial scholarship. His cost to attend NDSU will be around $16K/year as a PWO and he has family ties to NDSU. Going to go out on a limb and guess the kid is coming out around the same on out of pocket and if he earns any sort of scholarship at NDSU over the next few years, he'll come out ahead.

Details, details....Bison fans don't like them.

I do know him and his family personally.  I don't want to call him out by name on here but that doesn't change the truth.  Rings are nice but if you don't learn anything else while you are there, college has failed you or you have failed it.

I have tons of Sh*t about the UND program - want to hear some? 

The kid had a partial scholarship offer to WIU, which doesn't offer reciprocity to Minnesota students.  His cost to attend WIU would have been somewhere between $22K-25K/year (depending on credit hours taken) to go to WIU before a partial scholarship.  His cost to attend NDSU will be around $16K/year as a PWO and he has family ties to NDSU.  Going to go out on a limb and guess the kid is coming out around the same on out of pocket and if he earns any sort of scholarship at NDSU over the next few years, he'll come out ahead. 

I believe his uncle played for UND back in the day.

I believe his uncle played for UND back in the day.

Sure?  From his immediate family his mom plus his two older brothers went to NDSU (one who played football) along with a sister who is currently attending plus its 4 hours closer.  But way to deflect the actual point.

Sure?  From his immediate family his mom plus his two older brothers went to NDSU (one who played football) along with a sister who is currently attending plus its 4 hours closer.  But way to deflect the actual point.

He was such a high priority and big "get" that they waited until the end of January to offer him a PWO.  What a steal.

As long as we're at it, interesting to see the unofficial mouth piece for the NDSU staff taking a shot a UND while responding to a tweet of a recent UND verbal . The kid must have hurt some feelings at NDSU or something after sitting next to one of the coach's on his flight.  I guess that wasn't enough because there's been quite a few comments talking down on UND's class the last few days as well. 

Stay classy Fargo.

As long as we're at it, interesting to see the unofficial mouth piece for the NDSU staff taking a shot a UND while responding to a tweet of a recent UND verbal . The kid must have hurt some feelings at NDSU or something after sitting next to one of the coach's on his flight.  I guess that wasn't enough because there's been quite a few comments talking down on UND's class the last few days as well. 

Stay classy Fargo.

Bisonation?