SiouxSports.com Forum

Call for moderators

jimdahl

There's been some concern in the football recruits thread lately that it hasn't received enough moderator attention, so I wanted to extend an invitation to the community that we're always interested in expanding the moderation team to include additional members who can help consistently apply the forum rules (while also having an increased opportunity to shape them).

We should be able to discuss FU on a UND fan site without having hordes of FU fans responding, defending and deflecting every comment. I would be very willing to take on moderating. However know that my philosophy would be that this is a UND fan site, created for UND fans to discuss UND sports. Guests are welcome as guests not as trolls living in the basement. You can PM if you want my assistance. 

Thanks so much for the offer! Given that you raised these topics publicly, I'll respond to a few publicly.

I appreciate the criticism of the existing moderation (the whole point of my offer was to try to realign moderation to better meet the desires of the community). But, I do want to comment on the suggestion that non-UND fans should be held to a different standard than UND fans--I wouldn't be comfortable sponsoring a site where posters were held to a different standard if they were UND fans than not (e.g. if UND fans got to refer to NDSU as FU, but where we punished NDSU fans for referring to our teams as Sue, or some other slur).

But, if you are willing to help consistently moderate the forum and hold all posters to the same standards, we'd be thrilled to add you to the team. Let's follow up via PM.

I suppose I'll volunteer

Thanks! As mentioned above, the primary concerns are better monitoring of the under-monitored football recruiting thread while ensuring consistent application of forum rules and moderation standards. If you think you're well suited to contributing toward those goals, drop me a PM.

I'm not sure that's your duty. Pretty sure your idea of cleaning up the site won't be shared by the board owner. Although, it would be entertaining to watch you. You'd be first mod to be suspended from the site and arrested for drinking and moderating.