SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ North Dakota State

SWSiouxMN

UND heads down south to take on NDSU at Scheels.  NDSU is in the process of rebuilding with a new coach after a successful season last year.  They still have All Summit and potential player of the year in Lawrence Alexander, veterans in Kory Brown, Carlin Dupree and Dexter Werner, and newcomers in AJ Jacobson and Paul Miller.   

These two teams have similar strengths and weaknesses (strong at the guard, while weak at the post).

This game can go either way, but I expect UND to pull this one out.  The home team has won all 4 matchups since the game resumed play in D-1.

Jacobson was hurt for the Montana game, is he good to go for the game on Saturday? 

I think Jaron Nash is due for a big game and he delivers.

UND 77

NDSU 73

Expecting big things from Nash, don't think they have anyone that can match up with him.  Wouldn't be surprised if they tried Kory Brown on him.  He's their best defender but will be giving up 4 inches.

Hoping Q and de Rouen are closer to full health.

Think that Calcaterra can have some success down low as well.  Shouldn't be anybody with the height to slow him down unless Kading steps up.

Not sure on Jacobson, guessing he'll play.  He's been streaky, if he's on, he will be a factor, if he's off, don't bother worrying about him.  He has 3 bad games where he is a combined 1-26 (.038%) and 4 good games where he is 21-38 (.552%).  NDSU has only been playing between 6-8 guys in their regular rotation, hopefully UND can wear them down.

Expecting big things from Nash, don't think they have anyone that can match up with him.  Wouldn't be surprised if they tried Kory Brown on him.  He's their best defender but will be giving up 4 inches.

Hoping Q and de Rouen are closer to full health.

Think that Calcaterra can have some success down low as well.  Shouldn't be anybody with the height to slow him down unless Kading steps up.

Not sure on Jacobson, guessing he'll play.  He's been streaky, if he's on, he will be a factor, if he's off, don't bother worrying about him.  He has 3 bad games where he is a combined 1-26 (.038%) and 4 good games where he is 21-38 (.552%).  NDSU has only been playing between 6-8 guys in their regular rotation, hopefully UND can wear them down.

NDSU's bench has been an issue for years.  Last year we attacked them and got them in foul trouble and won easily by 18.  We can do the same thing this year by driving and attacking with our guards and keep everyone fresh with a solid rotation so if it does come down to the end our main stay players are fresher than theirs.   Go Sioux

• Upvote 1

Exactly....plus this is another road game for UND. Not like they are killing it on the road.

If Jones drives 22 miles to the east and ask these guys how they did this, UND should be golden.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400586890

Also NDSU ranks 295th in FG%, and 294th in assists. Their offense is horrible compared to last year. 

If Jones drives 22 miles to the east and ask these guys how they did this, UND should be golden.

Also NDSU ranks 295th in FG%, and 294th in assists. Their offense is horrible compared to last year. 

If they stop LA I have no doubts that UND will win this one. It won't be a blow out like last year though.

I figure it will be a close game.  Both teams are still trying to figure a lot out, pretty evenly matched I would say.  If North Dakota is going to get a second non-conference win on the road, this is a prime opportunity to do it.  Still pretty hard to pick UND on the road right now.  I expect a 5 point game either way. 

We are not much different.   We are ranked 325th in assists ( worse than NDSU) , 263rd in FG% and 288th in rebounds and 262 in points.   Like I mentioned earlier it could easily come down to our bench making the difference in this one.

NDSU's bench has been an issue for years. Last year we attacked them and got them in foul trouble and won easily by 18. We can do the same thing this year by driving and attacking with our guards and keep everyone fresh with a solid rotation so if it does come down to the end our main stay players are fresher than theirs. Go Sioux

If the game is like last year I'll be leaving at halftime regardless of score. I'm not in the mood to hear a whistle every possession for some soft foul (both ways).

Won't be surprised by any score in this game. I think we are mediocre this year and from looking at scores UND really isn't anything to write home about either.

• Upvote 1

I think if our team was healthy, our bench would be deeper in this match up...I'm not sure where we are with all the injuries, but we've already had quite a few, and if that remains the case, that may negate the advantage somewhat.

Coach Richmond said today they were pretty beat up as well and really didnt know who was going to start at this time. So this is going to be a battle of the walking wounded.

I seem to recall SiouxVolley predicting a women's volleyball a$$-kicking of NDSU earlier this year. Imagine my shock at seeing not only a loss to NDSU, but a total beatdown. Would love to see a UND win, but that doubt just keeps creeping in...
  • Upvote 1

I seem to recall SiouxVolley predicting a women's volleyball a$$-kicking of NDSU earlier this year. Imagine my shock at seeing not only a loss to NDSU, but a total beatdown. Would love to see a UND win, but that doubt just keeps creeping in...

We were their Super Bowl, Pryor wasn't prepared for that. Now you have NDSU who had a dance trip last year and UND who had a CIT trip so I would think UND would be more hyped up in beating the Bison even though NDSU got a total smackdown last year.