SiouxSports.com Forum

Michigan Athletic Department Building Blows Up

MafiaMan

Just kidding...but perhaps it should be imploded.

As if the football team isn't enough of a mess, the men's basketball team lost at home today to...UConn? Duke? Michigan State? Hell, I'd accept Florida Gulf Coast. But the New Jersey Institute of Technology? Not even Rutgers for crying out loud. The NJIT?

These are dark days indeed in Ann Arbor...

Just kidding...but perhaps it should be imploded.

As if the football team isn't enough of a mess, the men's basketball team lost at home today to...UConn? Duke? Michigan State? Hell, I'd accept Florida Gulf Coast. But the New Jersey Institute of Technology? Not even Rutgers for crying out loud. The NJIT?

These are dark days indeed in Ann Arbor...

But according to Michigan's former AD, if fans don't like the state of the teams, they should just find another school to root for. :silly:

And this week, the fan site MGoBlog published a number of snotty emails Brandon sent in response to complaints from alumni and season-ticket holders. “I really don’t care about your opinions,” read one. Another: “I suggest you find a new team to support. We will be fine without you.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/10/dave_brandon_the_resignation_of_michigan_s_villainous_athletic_director.html

Based on this article, today's result shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  Brandon effectively ran Michigan's programs into the ground.  Good luck to whomever is hired to clean the mess up.

But according to Michigan's former AD, if fans don't like the state of the teams, they should just find another school to root for. :silly:

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/10/dave_brandon_the_resignation_of_michigan_s_villainous_athletic_director.html

Based on this article, today's result shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Brandon effectively ran Michigan's programs into the ground. Good luck to whomever is hired to clean the mess up.

2012 and 2014 Big 10 Champions - last time was 1986

NCAA Tournament Appearances -2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - last time before that was 1998

NCAA Elite 8 Appearances - 2013, 2014 - last time before that was 1994

NCAA Final Four & 2nd Place Finish - 2013 - last time before that was 1993

Say what you want about Dave Brandon, but he has NOT run Michigan men's basketball into the ground.

2012 and 2014 Big 10 Champions - last time was 1986

NCAA Tournament Appearances -2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - last time before that was 1998

NCAA Elite 8 Appearances - 2013, 2014 - last time before that was 1994

NCAA Final Four & 2nd Place Finish - 2013 - last time before that was 1993

Say what you want about Dave Brandon, but he has NOT run Michigan men's basketball into the ground.

But I think he is to blame for ruining Michigan football.  And you just don't talk to fans and alums like he did.  If he was still employed, I am thinking he would tell fans to shut up and get over what happened today.

Faison has his flaws, but at least he has more respect for the fans than this toolbox did.

But I think he is to blame for ruining Michigan football. And you just don't talk to fans and alums like he did. If he was still employed, I am thinking he would tell fans to shut up and get over what happened today.

Faison has his flaws, but at least he has more respect for the fans than this toolbox did.

I agree that he's to blame for a large part of what's happened to the football program, but the basketball program was revitalized under his watch.

A buddy of mine found this gem. From the NJIT website, "Because of NJIT's size, it's easy to join a varsity team; you may even be able to play two sports”

LOL...Michigan lost to a bunch of guys who would be playing INTRAMURAL basketball if they were students at Michigan. Groan...

• 2 weeks later...