SiouxSports.com Forum

Classless WBB team from NDSU

legend334

I don't understand why NDSU fans are always talking about their 8 national championships. I can sort of understand bragging about the ones from the 80's, but what do the championships from the 60's prove? It reminds me of all of the stupid little towns that I drive through that have signs up that say "1935 state champions". Who gives a s&!t. Just because you won a championship almost 40 years ago doesn't mean that your school is better than anybody else now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS - BisonMav: Per the NCAA, your signature line is incorrect. It should say "5" for football titles. (The NCAA does not recognize "pre-1973" poll-based "titles." The NCAA lists NDSU at 5 in football. I noted that in materials recapping the 2001 NCAA DII championship game and titles by teams and conferences.)

As long as we're talking about mythical, pre-1973 "championships," we can't forget about UND's 1966 midwest region college division title. Quick, somebody tell Roger Thomas to get that banner ready! :)

I don't understand why NDSU fans are always talking about their 8 national championships.  I can sort of understand bragging about the ones from the 80's, but what do the championships from the 60's prove?  It reminds me of all of the stupid little towns that I drive through that have signs up that say "1935 state champions".  Who gives a s&!t.  Just because you won a championship almost 40 years ago doesn't mean that your school is better than anybody else now.

All the NDSU football titles came after UND's first hockey title. A National title is a National title.

I don't understand why NDSU fans are always talking about their 8 national championships. I can sort of understand bragging about the ones from the 80's, but what do the championships from the 60's prove? It reminds me of all of the stupid little towns that I drive through that have signs up that say "1935 state champions". Who gives a s&!t. Just because you won a championship almost 40 years ago doesn't mean that your school is better than anybody else now.

BisonMav beat me to it, but don't UND fans claim seven NC's in hockey? :)

All the NDSU football titles came after UND's first hockey title.

UND's first title, all their hockey titles, came in a tournament.

UND's most recent titles (plural, 1997, 2000) came after NDSU's last football title.

The only "polls" relating to hockey championships at UND are the "poles" the banners are raised on. (No charge for the homonym.)