SiouxSports.com Forum

Classless WBB team from NDSU

legend334

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little disappointed that there were no questions by Swygman or Hennessy or calls regarding this incident on the coaches' show on 1440 last night. I got the impression that there may have been some colorful discussion about it during one of the commercial breaks, however. It's probably just as well that the issue was left alone since Roebuck probably would have ended up saying something on the air that he'd have regretted later.

Legend is the man!!!! He is on fire right now!!!!

Sioux teams never need to rub it in the face of Bison fans.

They let the Fargo Forum do it for them.

After the Sioux/ Bison Game in football, the front page of the Forum always has a UND player holding the Nickel!! and where is that Nickel again!??!?! oh that is right!!!

Live in the NOW and know that your NDSU teams are MUSTY!!!!!

Stop living in the 70's and 80's oh we did this we did that. Blah blah blah.

Your CLUB hockey team was OK and that was it.

Where is REGGIE SCOTT these days?!?!? How many girls feel safe walking around that campus?!?!

Except for the Womens Track team at NDSU.......they look pretty good in the starting blocks. I will give MOO U that one.

After the Sioux/ Bison Game in football, the front page of the Forum always has a UND player holding the Nickel!! and where is that Nickel again!??!?! oh that is right!!!

Where is REGGIE SCOTT these days?!?!? How many girls feel safe walking around that campus?!?!

Except for the Womens Track team at NDSU.......they look pretty good in the starting blocks. I will give MOO U that one.

Kind of sounds like you would have done the same thing as the Bison Women? :)

I can't believe I'm responding to this, but I think the wrestling, men's and women's bball, men/women's track, and softball teams are or will be doing quite well also.

bisonmav....how do you connect the dots there?:) all but one year when 4-H was here we took home the nickel.....we didnt go into NDSU locker area and throw it in their face....get a clue......we could have but choose to celebrate how much better we were than the NEW UMC of Division 1A.....MOO UU....na na na....hey hey hey....good bye....and tell your coaches to QUIT BEGGING.....almost as sad as watching their antics on the sidelines....BEGGING.....BEGGING....BEGGING...GOOD BYE.....go move onto your bigger and better things.....RIGHT.....ATTA BOY

ndsugrad...mooo u grad...how many werestling teams are there in Div. 2??? do you know??? let me tell you.....48......so your ranked higher than what are u ranked now....5, 4....whatever who cares......your better than 44 other wrestling teams.......who cares.......wrestling is dead......gone.......your softball wont be competitive next year...are you crazy?:)? UCLA will crush you guys.....and all your other teams....come on.....finishing 3rd in the NCC wont make you a powerhouse. next year.....HEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO.....

Larrylegend334,

Actually there are only 39 D2 schools that sponsor wrestling according to the NCAA site. Kind of funny that they even have a top 20 or 25 or wrestling, why even bother if 3/4 of the teams in the country are in the polls. And they make fun of hockey because there are only like 60 DI schools that sponsor it

true Corrella....but unlike D2 wrestling...most D1 hockey schools are fully funded...which makes it more of a equal playing field...unlike D2 wrestling....for example UND had 3 scholarships as opposed to NDSU slate.....a little harder to compete when your not on the same playing field...similar to UND baseball...although Z has done good job...not the same playing field against similar opponets....my opinion.....

bisonmav....how do you connect the dots there?:) all but one year when 4-H was here we took home the nickel.....we didnt go into NDSU locker area and throw it in their face....get a clue......we could have but choose to celebrate how much better we were than the NEW UMC of Division 1A.....MOO UU....na na na....hey hey hey....good bye....and tell your coaches to QUIT BEGGING.....almost as sad as watching their antics on the sidelines....BEGGING.....BEGGING....BEGGING...GOOD BYE.....go move onto your bigger and better things.....RIGHT.....ATTA BOY

I have nothing against trash talking by you or 4H.

I just don't see the difference from 4H's rant and what the Bison Women did.

If you played for UND once, you are tied to the University the rest of your life.

Whether the smack is talking now or five years ago, it is still smack.

welcome back siouxrock

Actually there are only 39 D2 schools that sponsor wrestling according to the NCAA site. Kind of funny that they even have a top 20 or 25 or wrestling, why even bother if 3/4 of the teams in the country are in the polls. And they make fun of hockey because there are only like 60 DI schools that sponsor it

Actually since we are being so careful here in putting teams in Divisions IA, IAA.. etc

Breakdown of Schools which play hockey (49)

IA- 11

IAA- 11

IAAA-5

II-16

III-6

does that mean the competition at the top is any worse... no... it just means most schools don't play

According to the NCAA site there are 58, not 49, schools that sponsor DI hockey.

is that an old link... this one lists 49 schools

http://web1.ncaa.org/ssLists/sportByDiv.do?sport=MIH

Edit... found your link... it says 58 as of 12/3/03

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership_svcs/sponssummary

the link I checked said 49 (listed all schools) and had a date of 2/12/04... which means the NCAA doesn't know what is talking about and the number is probably somewhere in between :)

A Bison fan trying to tell us about college hockey? :)

The following lists the

school, city, state, NCAA classification, rink length, rink width.

(Things in caps break down conferences.)

HOCKEY EAST

Boston College Boston MA IA 200 87

Boston University Boston MA IAAA 200 85

Maine Orono ME IAA 200 85

Mass - Amherst Amherst MA IAA 200 95

Mass - Lowell Lowell MA II 200 85

Merrimack North Andover MA II 200 85

New Hampshire Durham NH IAA 200 100

Northeastern Boston MA IAA 200 90

Providence Providence RI IAAA 200 85

ECAC

Brown Providence RI IAA 200 85

Clarkson Potsdam NY III 200 85

Colgate Hamilton NY IAA 200 85

Cornell Ithaca NY IAA 200 85

Dartmouth Hanover MA IAA 200 90

Harvard Boston MA IAA 204 87

Princeton Princeton NJ IAA 200 85

Rensselaer Troy NY III 200 85

St Lawerence Canton NY III 200 85

Union Schenectady NY III 200 85

Vermont Burlington VT IAAA 200 90

Yale New Haven CT IAA 200 85

ATLANTIC HOCKEY

American International Springfield MA II 200 85

Army West Point NY IA 200 90

Bentley Waltham MA II 200 85

Canisius Buffalo NY IAA 200 85

Connecticut Storrs CT IA 200 85

Holy Cross Worcester MA IAA 200 85

Mercyhurst Erie PA II 200 85

Quinnipiac Hamden CT IAAA 200 85

Sacred Heart Fairfield CT IAA 200 85

CENTRAL COLLEGIATE HOCKEY ASSOCIATION

Alaska - Fairbanks Fairbanks AK II 200 100

Bowling Green Bowling Green OH IA 200 85

Ferris State Big Rapids MI II 200 85

Lake Superior State Sault Ste. Marie MI II 200 85

Miami Oxford OH IA 200 85

Michigan Ann Arbor MI IA 200 85

Michigan State East Lansing MI IA 200 85

Nebraska - Omaha Omaha NE II 200 85

Northern Michigan Marquette MI II 200 100

Notre Dame South Bend IN IA 200 85

Ohio State Columbus OH IA 200 85

Western Michigan Kalamazoo MI IA 200 85

WESTERN COLLEGIATE HOCKEY ASSOCIATION

Alaska - Anchorage Anchorage AK II 200 100

Colorado College Colorado Springs CO III 200 100

Denver Denver CO IAAA 200 85

Michigan Tech Houghton MI II 200 85

Minnesota Minneapolis MN IA 200 100

Minnesota - Duluth Duluth MN II 190 85

Minnesota State - Mankato Mankato MN II 200 100

North Dakota Grand Forks ND II 200 85

St Cloud State St Cloud MN II 200 100

Wisconsin Madison WI IA 200 97

COLLEGE HOCKEY AMERICA

Air Force Colorado Springs CO IA 200 85

Alabama - Huntsville Huntsville AL II 200 85

Bemidji State Bemidji MN II 200 85

Findlay Findlay OH II 200 85

Niagara Niagara NY IAAA 200 85

Wayne State Detroit MI II 200 85

It was 60 last year.

This year was 58.

It'll be 58 next year with Findlay dropping and Robert Morris University adding.

The "cold weather" IAs play. (Aren't most IAs further south anyway?) Then it is primarily IAAs and IAAAs.

PS - BisonMav: Per the NCAA, your signature line is incorrect. It should say "5" for football titles. (The NCAA does not recognize "pre-1973" poll-based "titles." The NCAA lists NDSU at 5 in football. I noted that in materials recapping the 2001 NCAA DII championship game and titles by teams and conferences.)

PS - BisonMav: Per the NCAA, your signature line is incorrect. It should say "5" for football titles. (The NCAA does not recognize "pre-1973" poll-based "titles." The NCAA lists NDSU at 5 in football. I noted that in materials recapping the 2001 NCAA DII championship game and titles by teams and conferences.)

It doesn't say NCAA in my signature line. :)

NDSU football is a Joke! It is that plain and simple. When was the last team to win the conference there? When was the last time a player could step in the "CHAMPIONSHIP ROOM" there?!?!

When you get recruited there......"here is the championship room, you can only go in there if you are a part of a championship team!!!"....."What is this room next to it, the one with the bars?" "Reggie Scott's room"

Good luck in D1AA. I am going to love watching week in and out NDSU getting the sh*t pounded out of them!!!!

Are the womens basketball team still "making out" with each after the games?!?!

NDSU football is a Joke!  It is that plain and simple.  When was the last team to win the conference there?  When was the last time a player could step in the "CHAMPIONSHIP ROOM" there?!?!

When you get recruited there......"here is the championship room, you can only go in there if you are a part of a championship team!!!"....."What is this room next to it, the one with the bars?"  "Reggie Scott's room"

Good luck in D1AA.  I am going to love watching week in and out NDSU getting the sh*t pounded out of them!!!!

Are the womens basketball team still "making out" with each after the games?!?!

It is I-AA not D1AA. Thanks for the Good Luck wish, hope UND is successfull in the future also, it will make the State of North Dakota look good.

At NDSU they spell it Championships instead of Championship. :)

I thought this thread was about what the NDSU women did after games at UND.