SiouxSports.com Forum

NBA 2014-2015 Season

MafiaMan

There is a huge dropoff as the draft goes on. They needed a reliable point guard to distribute once Rubio gets hurt so I like it. They gave up Rakeem Christmas from the Cuse (meh) and some guard from Turkey. I would say it was a pretty good trade.

And stops the lavine experiment at the point to slide at the more natural 2 spot

As a buddy once told me, 2nd round pick in the NBA = filers, salary dumps and Euro-stash

Can you get really good players in the 2nd round, yes you can. (see Dennis Rodman).  But more often than not its used for one of those 3 options above, You can literally buy 2nd round picks if you want it.   The Wolves were not going to bring in 3 players, especially 2 with non-guaranteed deals.  The deal they got for Tyus (trading 2 2nd round picks this year and a 2019 2nd round, which they have more than 1 with Miami's 2019 2nd rounder) is great value. 

T-Wolves needed to fill 2 holes and they did in the draft.  A true backup point guard to shift LaVine to the 2 spot, and a Center in KAT.  The Wolves have a lot of potential in the next few years and some of that will begin to pay dividends next year, so long as they 1) Develop and 2) Stay Healthy

It will fun to see the Wolves fleece the Cavs again 2 years in a row.

The #31 pick, the #36 pick, and a future second rounder, all for the #24 pick.

That isn't too much to give up at all 2nd round picks aren't all that valuable some teams will even just sell 2nd round picks for cash. Jones is a solid clutch player and has been leader on a lot of very good teams. The Wolves needed another PG and he fits very well him being a Minnesota native is just a bonus.