SiouxSports.com Forum

NBA 2014-2015 Season

MafiaMan

Not that I watch any games, but was there ANY doubt that the 76ers were going to win their first game of the season against the Timberwolves last night?

The Wolves need Rubio back more than ever.  With him in the lineup the Wolves actually looked really good.  Without him.... yuck.

Wiggins looks promising however.

A joke of a franchise.

I watched ESPN on Tuesday night and they were talking about the "odds" of Philadelphia winning at Minnesota - I believe it was 17%.  I laughed out loud and thought "book it, 76ers win." 

Andrew Toney, Darryl Dawkins, Mo Cheeks, Bobby Jones, Charles Barkley, Clint Richardson, Julius Erving, and many other great 76ers must throw up in their mouths a little at what management has done to this organization.   

I watched ESPN on Tuesday night and they were talking about the "odds" of Philadelphia winning at Minnesota - I believe it was 17%.  I laughed out loud and thought "book it, 76ers win." 

Andrew Toney, Darryl Dawkins, Mo Cheeks, Bobby Jones, Charles Barkley, Clint Richardson, Julius Erving, and many other great 76ers must throw up in their mouths a little at what management has done to this organization.   

Both franchises are embarrassing. Back when I watched the NBA in the 70's and 80's the Sixers were my team. Only time I watch the NBA now is if it happens to be on at a sports bar that I'm at.

Both franchises are embarrassing. Back when I watched the NBA in the 70's and 80's the Sixers were my team. Only time I watch the NBA now is if it happens to be on at a sports bar that I'm at.

I was a big 76ers guy back then too - still can't believe they blew a 2-0 series lead in the 1977 NBA finals against the Blazers and a 3-1 series lead in 1981 against the Celtics in the east finals...they likely would have won the 1981 title against the cinderella Houston Rockets. Dr J deserved a title long before 1983.

I was a big 76ers guy back then too - still can't believe they blew a 2-0 series lead in the 1977 NBA finals against the Blazers and a 3-1 series lead in 1981 against the Celtics in the east finals...they likely would have won the 1981 title against the cinderella Houston Rockets. Dr J deserved a title long before 1983.

They didn't have the mental game to beat Larry and the boys back in 81.

• 2 months later...

Musta missed it flipping thru channels...good for the Timberwolves to win the game in Garnett's return. I still think giving up Thaddeus Young was a bit much for a 38 year old player, but it's nice to see KG return to Minneapolis.

Young had a $ 10 million player option that the wolves probably didnt want exercised once they went into total rebuild, and a bit much for someone out of position to begin with.

As a long suffering wolves fan... there is finally some real potential with these young pups, with Wiggins being the top cheese. Bazz step up from year 1,Gorgi has been a steal for the wolves. If Rubio and Pek can stay healthy for a change, they can be a playoff team in a year or two. I hope KG rubs off these guys to get them there.

Oh and actually getting a top pick wouldn't hurt either.

Further digging revealed it was not on Dish thanks to a dispute with FSN. Bummer for me...first T-Wolves game I would have watched in probably nine years.

The atmosphere felt like the Wolves were in a playoff hunt, too bad this lineup wasn't there to start the season.

• 2 months later...

Watch some folks scream for Tyus Jones. Cuz Minnesota.

Its already started with that... Already want to trade up to get him. Wolves own the #1 pick in the 2nd round, if Tyus is there at 24-32 range still (which I doubt), and you can package that pick, and/or another future pick, and/or a player to move up and snag him, I would be okay with it. I wouldn't give the barn to get him, but I'd rather have him as the backup point than Lavine and if the deal is good.. do it. I don't see him going that low however. 

As for the 1st overall... I bet they take Okafor. Either one would be fine with me and KG will get them ready.  Stay away from the Euro player and don't trade down.

Its already started with that... Already want to trade up to get him. Wolves own the #1 pick in the 2nd round, if Tyus is there at 24-32 range still (which I doubt), and you can package that pick, and/or another future pick, and/or a player to move up and snag him, I would be okay with it. I wouldn't give the barn to get him, but I'd rather have him as the backup point than Lavine and if the deal is good.. do it. I don't see him going that low however. 

As for the 1st overall... I bet they take Okafor. Either one would be fine with me and KG will get them ready.  Stay away from the Euro player and don't trade down.

I'll bet you a beer they take Towns.  :)

• 3 weeks later...