SiouxSports.com Forum

King Bresciani

Dagger

Arrogant,condescending jerk. Surprised kids at NDSU don't demand the $81,000 per year isn't turned into scholarships. This is one of the reasons some of the taxpayers want to take control of Higher Ed away from the SBoHE. I wouldn't trust this guy to haul out my garbage. I wonder if his gopher does that for him or he has another person hired to do that. If he can't drive he probably can't haul out his own garbage.

There are times that he should not be behind the wheel (that goes for me too). Entertaining donors is on the Job description. That said, this needs to get cleaned up. Other than that, this guy is doing his job well and kicking some ass based on what I've seen. He has done an amazing job of putting NDSU finances back on n solid ground, and is ensuring that NDSU is getting fair treatment in its allocations. He has done a hell of a job in his short time. This guy has great passion, and the students love him. His state of the U addresses reflect that. If you want to hold NDSU back, you should be calling for this guy's head.

Arrogant,condescending jerk. Surprised kids at NDSU don't demand the $81,000 per year isn't turned into scholarships. This is one of the reasons some of the taxpayers want to take control of Higher Ed away from the SBoHE. I wouldn't trust this guy to haul out my garbage. I wonder if his gopher does that for him or he has another person hired to do that. If he can't drive he probably can't haul out his own garbage.

He's actually been exactly the opposite of that in my dealings with him.  Always has time to talk, and is very pleasant.  And believe me, I am far from being a big deal. :p

I can see the argument that a university president could be more productive if they didn't have to drive. (wow I'm defending FU). Sadly some of this is driven by small-town mentality. There are still people out there who think if you make more than $10 an hour you're over payed. I would also say that it's easier to drive around in Grand Forks than it is in Fargo - just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

I can see the argument that a university president could be more productive if they didn't have to drive. (wow I'm defending FU). Sadly some of this is driven by small-town mentality. There are still people out there who think if you make more than $10 an hour you're over payed. I would also say that it's easier to drive around in Grand Forks than it is in Fargo - just my opinion. 

Ok, but a full-time $80k+ per year driver?  That's not justifiable....

He's actually been exactly the opposite of that in my dealings with him.  Always has time to talk, and is very pleasant.  And believe me, I am far from being a big deal. :p

I have a friend who is pretty tied into NDSU and I asked him if

Bresciani was tone deaf or is he that pretentious and arrogant......he said the latter.

The guy isn't just a driver. Not that he is necessarily worth that amount of money anyway... But he apparently does other stuff

From the looks of it the other "stuff" is Golden Corral at noon and Pizza Ranch at 6:30.

• Upvote 2

The story stated that even the President of the University of Minnesota doesn't have a driver or personal a personal security guard.  I don't claim to be an expert on the day-to-day activities of University presidents, but if the UofM President doesn't need a driver/personal security guard, I can't think of a reason NDSU's president needs one.

If there are certain events where it makes sense for the President to have a driver, it would be much cheaper to deal with those situations on a case-by-case basis rather than employing a full-time person. 

Getting around isn't much more difficult than Grand Forks.  A second here  or a second their.  Not a lot of difference.  That excuse isn't going to cut it.