SiouxSports.com Forum

Major League Baseball 2015

MafiaMan

Wow! Didn't see Pablo Sandoval leaving San Francisco...and the Red Sox sign Hanley Ramirez too. Talk about big off-season moves.

Hanley might not be all that big of a move, he's been injured each season in LA. 

Stanton signs for 325 million with Florida

Haywood traded to the Cards for Kelly.

I guess a nice thing about being a Sox fan is I know the team really doesn't need to worry too much about money. I'm a little excited about Sandoval because third base has been weak the last two years. I'm not sure where Hanley fits in. I guess it has to be a corner outfield spot. This makes a logjam in the outfield and opens up a probable cespedes trade for pitching.

I guess a nice thing about being a Sox fan is I know the team really doesn't need to worry too much about money. I'm a little excited about Sandoval because third base has been weak the last two years. I'm not sure where Hanley fits in. I guess it has to be a corner outfield spot. This makes a logjam in the outfield and opens up a probable cespedes trade for pitching.

Maybe they can trade Cespedes back to Oakland for a starting pitcher (or 2). ?

My good friend who I had the privilege to coach in bantam hockey Darin Erstad is on the ballot. Only player to win a Gold Glove in the outfield and the infield. Also he was the first leadoff hitter to have 100 RBI. Played the game the right way. 110% without any help from illegal drugs. Jamestown pride.

Erstad was the No. 1 overall pick in 1995 and debuted that same year with the Angels, finishing sixth in AL Rookie of the Year Award voting. He collected a league-leading 240 hits with 25 home runs and 100 RBIs in 2000 to earn his second and final All-Star selection. He also was a two-time Gold Glove Award winner. Erstad spent 11 of his 14 years with the Angels, closing his career with a year with the White Sox and two with the Astros. He was a .282/.336/.407 career hitter with 124 homers and 179 stolen bases.

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/10 ... ame-ballot

My good friend who I had the privilege to coach in bantam hockey Darin Erstad is on the ballot. Only player to win a Gold Glove in the outfield and the infield. Also he was the first leadoff hitter to have 100 RBI. Played the game the right way. 110% without any help from illegal drugs. Jamestown pride.

Erstad was the No. 1 overall pick in 1995 and debuted that same year with the Angels, finishing sixth in AL Rookie of the Year Award voting. He collected a league-leading 240 hits with 25 home runs and 100 RBIs in 2000 to earn his second and final All-Star selection. He also was a two-time Gold Glove Award winner. Erstad spent 11 of his 14 years with the Angels, closing his career with a year with the White Sox and two with the Astros. He was a .282/.336/.407 career hitter with 124 homers and 179 stolen bases.

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/10 ... ame-ballot

Erstad isn't getting in as a 1st ballot HoF.

I have this over at USCHO also, but thought it might be appreciated here as well:

The 2015 Former Minnesota Twins roster: 

Catchers:

Wilson Ramos (WAS)
AJ Pierzynski (STL - current free agent)
Drew Butera (LAD)

Infield:

JJ Hardy (BAL)
Justin Morneau (COL)
Danny Valencia (TOR) 
Nick Punto (OAK)
David Ortiz (BOS)
Pedro Florimon (WAS)
Alexi Casilla (BAL)

Outfield: 

Torii Hunter (DET)
Ben Revere (PHI) 
Michael Cuddyer (NYM)
Carlos Gomez (MIL)
Denard Span (WAS)
Sam Fuld (OAK)
Delmon Young (DET)
Josh Willingham (KC) retired

Starting Pitching:

Francisco Liriano (PIT)
RA Dickey (TOR)
Kyle Lohse (MIL)
Matt Garza (MIL)
Vance Worley (PIT)

Relief Pitching:

Grant Balfour (TBR)
Joe Nathan (DET)
LaTroy Hawkins (COL)
Pat Neshek (STL)
Scott Baker (TEX)
Liam Hendricks (TOR)
Kevin Correia (LAD)

Red Sox are loaded with young pitching talent and have a number of young position players in the farm system including a couple of catchers. They will need to decide how much young talent they will give up to get veteran pitching. They also need to figure how many if any of the young arms are ready for the majors.

Not sure what there is to appeal about doing 100+ mph in a 55 zone...but there's never a shortage of attorneys willing to take a case, is there?

Where's the public outrage over this? 

Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson hurt one person. Werth, going that fast on the DC beltway, could have killed dozens. 

Dodgers making lots of moves:

Dee Gordon, Dan Haren, and Miguel Rojas to Miami for Andrew Heaney, Enrique Hernadez, Chris Hatcher, and Austin Barnes. 

Andrew Heaney to the Angels for Howie Kendrick.

Matt Kemp and Time Federowicz to San Diego for Yasmani Grandal, Joe Wieland, and a prospect.

They also have a trade for Jimmy Rollins and a deal in place with Brandon McCarthy but those aren't official yet.