SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

Weren't there some FU trolls explaining to us in the "7-5 Hypothetical" thread how no team with 5 losses should ever be considered for the playoffs?

Thinking Bethune was the one that has a complaint against Indiana State.  1-1 against FBS (beat FIU, lost to UCF), lost to MEAC champs (South Carolina St) and had then had a bad loss to Hampton their second to last game.  Also had a win against Grambling who won the SWAC.

Indiana St went 1-1 against FBS (beat Ball State, lost to Indiana), took 5th in their conference and lost 2 of the last 3, including their last game against WIU.  They did beat Liberty and UNI which are quality wins.  Would have been a pretty easy choice had they not choked this weekend, instead they left it open for debate.

Idaho St. is a tough call, 0-2 vs FBS and 2-0 vs non-D1.  Their 6-2 conference record was all they had to stand behind and they went 0-2 vs MSU/EWU (though both very close games) and didn't play UM.

• Upvote 1

I've got the following picks for today:

Fordham over Sacred Heart

Indiana State over E Kentucky

Montana over San Diego

UNI over Stephen F Austin

SDSU over Montana State

Richmond over Morgan State

Sam Houston over SE Louisiana

James Madison over Liberty

The games I'm most interested in are MSU/SDSU and JMU/Liberty.

I've got the following picks for today:

Fordham over Sacred Heart

Indiana State over E Kentucky

Montana over San Diego

UNI over Stephen F Austin

SDSU over Montana State

Richmond over Morgan State

Sam Houston over SE Louisiana

James Madison over Liberty

The games I'm most interested in are MSU/SDSU and JMU/Liberty.

I agree except I will pick MSU over the Jacks.  More wishful thinking, Prokup will need to play for the cats to win.  Just would like the Big Sky to come out on top.

I agree except I will pick MSU over the Jacks.  More wishful thinking, Prokup will need to play for the cats to win.  Just would like the Big Sky to come out on top.

While I would love for MSU to win, the Jacks offense appears to be firing on all cylinders lately since they've been healthy. Their defense is suspect and if MSU is completely healthy its a very high scoring game. But I just got a feeling that the Jacks shut down MSU more than MSU shuts down the Jacks.

SDSU is not a good matchup for the Cats. Anyone hear if Prukop is playing today? They looked horrible against the Griz. Cant believe what different draws those two teams got. UM should smoke San Diego.....

Sounds like the Russian and Johnson both practiced this week, I hope they both play because it would be a better game.

While I would love for MSU to win, the Jacks offense appears to be firing on all cylinders lately since they've been healthy. Their defense is suspect and if MSU is completely healthy its a very high scoring game. But I just got a feeling that the Jacks shut down MSU more than MSU shuts down the Jacks.

Wait the minute the cats just had about 5 or 6 defensive plays named to the first 3 teams.  Lol.  I agree the jacks will probably win but pulling for the Big Sky.  I cats win it will be high scoring or win a bunch of turnovers

Memorial Stadium would hold all the people that would wanna go. And that's without the east bleachers.

And there's the hesitation. If we had nice mountain snowy weather it'd be great. But since we live on the Great Plains we get that lovely wind and awful wind chills. It'd be one hell of a home field advantage in the playoffs though.

Memorial Stadium would hold all the people that would wanna go. And that's without the east bleachers.

Best game was against the Bizun at memorial  very cold but little or no snow.   Sitting in east bleachers.  Pack.  Waiting to get in the gate and SU preys was there with a big fur hat so I asked to trade hat.  I had a UND stocking cap.  Everyone laugh.  But UND had last laugh as Mooney ripped the ball loose and ran for a TD.  Great memory.