SiouxSports.com Forum

U of M Wednesday, Dec 10th

shep

Without Evers UND has zero inside presence on either end of the floor. Gophs sat in a zone and UND doesn't have to shooters to make shots from outside. No rebounding and poor FT shooting doesn't help.

64-52

I think even casual fans could see how much losing Evers affected our chances of knocking off the Gophers.   We lost by 13 points to the Gophers  but I think most fans that understand basketball will give UND another chance.  AT least I would hope they would.  The SDSU women had a 10 point lead late  against Green Bay tonight in Brookings and lost.  They were throwing it all over the place.  I think their fans will continue to come to games at SDSU.  We have a pretty good fan base for women's basketball right now and they will come to future games. 

Was at the game tonight. I feel horrible for Banham. That was just a bad injury. I could hear her cry out in pain, which made it all the worse seeing her teammates cry. Hope she can get a medical redshirt if it is a torn ACL, otherwise it'd be a poor way to end your collegiate career. 

fun game...hope a game like this leads to more people coming out for both the mens ad womens games the rest of the year...

biggest complaint was when und went on that five zero run to cut it to nine only about fifty stood up and clapped and everyone else just sat there??? come on people....

Was at the game tonight. I feel horrible for Banham. That was just a bad injury. I could hear her cry out in pain, which made it all the worse seeing her teammates cry. Hope she can get a medical redshirt if it is a torn ACL, otherwise it'd be a poor way to end your collegiate career. 

Did she step on someone's foot on the play?  It didn't look like she had any major contact with any of the Sioux players when she went down.

Did she step on someone's foot on the play? It didn't look like she had any major contact with any of the Sioux players when she went down.

Nope, looked like she jammed it somehow making a move. No contact at all. But Shepard and co. would have called a major.

Nope, looked like she jammed it somehow making a move. No contact at all. But Shepard and chi. would have called a major.

That is correct on the injury.   I watched it a bunch of times with Tivo and nobody touched her.  It was her right leg and the defender was on her left anyway.  Just a normal basketball play.   Tough break for her and her team moving forward.

I believe she should be eligible for a medical redshirt as last night was the Gophers 10th game and they will play at least 31 games. The loss of Banham probably brings the Gophers from being a pretty much sure thing to make the NCAA tournament down to a bubble type team.