SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo the new Detroit??

Sioux-cia

Sioux-cia: I'm going to extend an olive branch to you. You're no doubt a very nice lady & I don't get my kicks outta insulting other people. Enjoy your evening & see you in the hockey threads.

Thank you. You are certainly welcome to express your opinion.  I'm certainly not known for keeping my opinions to myself..  See ya there. 

You're wrong. Most Mexicans that we know have nothing to do with the country of Spain.

And most African-Americans I know have never been anywhere near Africa. I'm half Italian and the closest I have been to Italy is Providence, RI. For a lot of eye-ties I know, it's Olive Garden. What's your point?

A friend of mine, born and raised in another country, who has traveled extensively all over the world, told me that only in American do people say 'I am other country-American'.  Regardless of their origin people in many parts of the world only identify with the country where they live. He told me I wasn't Mexican-American, I'm American.  That gave me a hmmmm moment.

I agree with Oxbow6 and a few others, LSS!! I live in Willmar, Mn . In our grade schools , being Caucasian , is the minority. I'am not making this up. Hormel along with the help of LSS have brought in "minorities". We no longer are free to roam our downtown, you've seen the movie Black Hawk Down .....you should visit our downtown ! Crime is way up. You should see the trailer courts ( we had a police station located in one until they bulldozed it down do to the crime rate ). Mn is generous with the freebies and our schools are dumbed down so "no child is left behind". Parents can't speak English and the children have little motivation to learn Heck , even our local hockey Organization suffers. Lack of kids. You ever see a " minority " play hockey ( Hispanic or Somalian ).

By pointing out you are a complete hypocrite. You throw the "racist" card on this site whenever you can but you are worse...you hide behind your gender and that fact you are a minority.

Detroit is 83% black...and you compare their crime to Fargo. This thread was "racist" when you started it.

You are a joke.

So, I'm not the submissive, 'Yessa, massa', you expect from a minority woman. Enjoy the jokes. :D  

I was going to sneak out the back door, but I noticed this post of yours:

What?? is that suppose to make statements about how one group has better values than another ok??  

I was referring to different values, not better values.

And, I don't like people making generalizations about other people. 

Generalizations, sometimes called stereotypes, are often fitting because large segments of a certain group of people exhibit the same traits, tendencies, whatever. If most Mexican boys in Phoenix, AZ, regardless of where they are born, are "jumped" into a gang or are affiliates of gangs before their 18th birthday, does that make me racist for saying such or would that be a fact?

This thread Fargo becoming the new Detroit is suppose to be about the rising crime rate in Fargo/ND. I won't accept comments about one 'race' being better than another quietly. Deal...

I didn't say one race was better than another. You're parroting a script that's used by people who don't want intelligent discourse. It's easier to shout someone down with "Effin racist!" & use other Politically Correct tactics than to deal intelligently with another person.

A friend of mine, born and raised in another country, who has traveled extensively all over the world, told me that only in American do people say 'I am other country-American'. Regardless of their origin people in many parts of the world only identify with the country where they live. He told me I wasn't Mexican-American, I'm American. That gave me a hmmmm moment.

I've never thought of myself as anything less than an American. It's only in the last 20 years or so that it became important to hyphenate yourself.

Yeah, ok....you know what you meant and I know what I read.

So .357 is automatically labeled a "racist" because you know what you read, but the "new Detroit" reference doesn't reflect any racial undertones? What if Governor Dalrymple was quoted as saying he was concerned about Fargo becoming the "new Gary, Indiana" or "the new Memphis"? I'm guessing you'd think differently...

• Upvote 1

I've never thought of myelf as anything less than an American. It's only in the last 20 years or so that it became important to hyphenate yourself.

There were three distinctly different countries of origin in my Chicago neighborhood.  We were 'hyphenated' as far back as I remember and that's more than 20 years ago.

So .357 is automatically labeled a "racist" because you know what you read, but the "new Detroit" reference doesn't reflect any racial undertones? What if Governor Dalrymple was quoted as saying he was concerned about Fargo becoming the "new Gary, Indiana" or "the new Memphis"? I'm guessing you'd think differently...

Stop..........why bring any rational into this.

So .357 is automatically labeled a "racist" because you know what you read, but the "new Detroit" reference doesn't reflect any racial undertones? What if Governor Dalrymple was quoted as saying he was concerned about Fa rgo becoming the "new Gary, Indiana" or "the new Memphis"? I'm guessing you'd think differently... 

I posted the definition of racist, his comment fits.  I don't see mention of a country of origin in the title of this thread. Why would I think differently if he he is talking about crime?  You're assuming I  believe only minorities or immigrants are responsible for rising crime rates in Fargo. 

Tell you what, you stop with the stereotyping and I'll think about it. ;)

LOL...stereotyping! Read the title of your own thread here and this is coming from you. Now that's really rich!

I'll let you have the last word if you want...I'm gonna bow out.

LOL...steretyping! Read the title of your own thread here and this is coming from you. Now that's really rich!

I'll let you have the last word if you want...I'm gonna bow out.

You're head has been bowed this entire thread.  See ya.