SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

brianvf

• 3 weeks later...

UMD's coach Shannon Miller is not having her contract renewed after this season due to budget problems.  Interesting situation.  She claims that she'd offered to take a paycut but the school wouldn't talk numbers with her. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/3635707-contract-not-renewed-womens-hockey-coach-minnesota-duluth-due-finances

There is something much bigger going on behind the scenes than just a large salary. 

There is something much bigger going on behind the scenes than just a large salary. 

Probably is, but I did read somewhere Jess Meyers said the program loses 1.2 million a year, a lot because of European Scholarships. That is a lot of money for an athletic department to be losing every year, and Duluth is a top program. They could probably save $150,000-$200,000 by cutting some salaries.

Outside the box thought, but could this be the start of Duluth dropping women's hockey and using that extra money to help fund scholarships for a D1 move? Don't know if they could swing that, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't even know Syracuse had a team. Show Idalski the door. He rode the Lammy twins coattails and obviously those days are over.

:angry:

What in the heck is going on with the women's hockey program?  I am sick of playing second and third fiddle to Minnesota, Wisconsin and whomever else year after year.  Idalski needs to figure this thing out and fast.

An absolute MUST SWEEP for The Fighting Sioux Women this weekend.

Personally, I don't think anything is a must right now because they are going to have to win the WCHA tourney to make the NCAA tourney anyway. It would be nice to have first round at home, but they haven't exactly been world beaters at home either.