SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

• 4 weeks later...

Nebraska had to come from behind to beat Purdue at the end. Riley has to be gone after this year. NU isn’t the dominant team like they used to be many years ago. They need to hire someone to get a fire going into this team, where they blowout teams by 40-50 points. 

8 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Notre Dame is just demolishing teams lmao.

Best team they've played is Georgia.

USC is always been nothing but hype, NC State is the 4 best team in the ACC, and Michigan State will lose their next 2 games. 

Alabama and Georgia are demolishing teams with a combined points against of 173. A one loss Georgia should make the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Minnesota is rowing the boat over the waterfall, might want to put an engine on the boat and start it.

I'm going to say PJ Fleck doesn't last long at Minnesota.

For Coyle's sake he better.  If he left after this for a different job... he should be fired.  

I think MN was the one place where his "Row the Boat" stuff wouldn't be all that receptive by the fan base. Lots of Brew 2.0 talk in Dinkytown.

Even thought I wanted them to get Fleck, the whole "culture" and Year 0 crud has really turned me off. 

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

For Coyle's sake he better.  

I think MN was the one place where his "Row the Boat" stuff wouldn't be all that receptive by the fan base. Lots of Brew 2.0 talk in Dinkytown 

All it took was 1 really good year and the hype train showed up at Flecks door. He probably should have stayed at Western Michigan.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:42 PM, cberkas said:

Minnesota is rowing the boat over the waterfall, might want to put an engine on the boat and start it.

I'm going to say PJ Fleck doesn't last long at Minnesota.

Trying to fix a lot of spots that were left a mess. QB, OL, WR and DB being the big ones and combine that with some injuries to key guys has made it a worse year than I expected. Has a pretty good class recruited and didn't play many true freshmen this year even though some definitely would be an upgrade over the current player. It is the same philosophy he used at Western Michigan with the redshirting basically his entire first class and then a lot of true and redshirt freshmen will play next year. I think they will show a lot of progress next year and should at least get to a bowl game. The 2019 class is where he really needs to make his money and win the battles with one of the top OL in the country at Edina and another 4 start OL at Lakeville North and add to that looking like they are in a pretty good spot for one of the top 10 QBs in the country.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Feff said:

Any thoughts on the fbs playoff field? Has Alabama just proven they can get away with scheduling nobody? 

Committee was screwed no matter what they chose, at least they were consistent from last year.

OSU got punished for losing to Iowa by 30, only logical explanation.

If Clemson gets past Bama, they repeat. 

Solution:

8 team playoff. 5 autobids from the P5 conferences and 3 at large bids. Teams like Ohio St get rewarded for winning their conference Championship game in a P5 conference and teams like Alabama get rewarded for having a great season but failed to win their conference. Plus fans get 4 more real college football playoff games. Everybody wins!!

• Upvote 2