SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL 2014 Season

MafiaMan

Plenty weird that the two teams that abandoned LA the same year,  Rams and the Raiders, may both end up back in LA the same year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24758737/rams-raiders-would-be-los-angeles-found----if-not-for-the-nfl

The Jacksonville Jaguars may fill the Rams void by moving to St Louis, as the Jags owner is from there.

The Jacksonville Jaguars owner is from Pakistan not St. Louis and lives in Naples Florida. Stan Kroenke is from Columbia Missouri and also lives there, and has stated on multiple occasions he isn't moving the team out of St. Louis (wait and see because he still hasn't said anything yet). The land Kroenke has in Inglewood was obtained from Walmart, after Walmart failed to build a store there (Kroenke's wife is an heir to Walton Fortune). The city of St. Louis should just give into what Kroenke wants, St. Louis did for Bill DeWitt Jr. to keep the Cardinals in St. Louis. If the Rams leave and another NFL team moves to St. Louis the city will be negotiating with another owner for a new stadium of upgrades like Kroenke wants to Edward Jones Dome.

To me it sounds like the NFL wants Mark Davis to sell the Oakland Raiders. I'd bet Mark is just like Al and want's the city of LA to build him a stadium for him to bring back the Raiders. If I'm not mistaken the Raiders were working to keep the Oakland Athletics from getting a new baseball stadium, because they would be stuck with O.co Stadium. I guess there's talk of moving the Raiders to San Antonio.

There is a plan for a football stadium next to Staples Center in downtown LA called Farmers Field. Kroenke doesn't look like a guy that would spend the money on a new stadium in LA just to have to share it with Davis and the Raiders. Kroenke's property in Inglewood may be close to LAX, but it's located in a residential area and the 405 and 105 are not that close for access. You'd expect there to be more amenities (restaurants, bars, and shops) close by Kroenke's property.

Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, John Lynch, and the rest of the Super Bowl Buccaneer team must throw up in their respective mouths at this sad-sack Tampa Bay squad. Not only do they play awful, they LOOK awful in those ridiculous uniforms.

Steelers jail house striped socks and jerseys are worse

Bummer for Nick Foles of the Eagles...I really like him as a QB.  Sounds like he's out 4-6 weeks.  Mark Sanchez didn't look too bad yesterday...he'll need to be better to keep the Eagles afloat.  It helps that Washington and the Giants are awful right now and the Cowboys have their own QB injury issues with Tony Romo.