SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL 2014 Season

MafiaMan

Totally agree with you there, fs4l.  That team quite possibly had another 1-3 Super Bowl appearances left in it had Johnson remained the coach after 1993.  I also think had Dallas re-signed Ken Norton Jr instead of letting him walk to San Francisco after that season, Dallas would have won three consecutive Super Bowls (Norton Jr went to San Fran in 1994 and was a key factor in helping them get past Dallas). 

How long do you think he'll remain unemployed?  I'm guessing 12 hours tops.

He'll never see the field again.  Furthermore, if it's proven that Goodell and the NFL actually had this footage prior to the handing down of the 2 game suspension, I think it's likely he loses his job too.  

He'll never see the field again.  Furthermore, if it's proven that Goodell and the NFL actually had this footage prior to the handing down of the 2 game suspension, I think it's likely he loses his job too.  

Don't underestimate a league that is still all about the $$$$$.  Someone will take a chance on him if they are desperate enough for a RB.

He'll never see the field again. Furthermore, if it's proven that Goodell and the NFL actually had this footage prior to the handing down of the 2 game suspension, I think it's likely he loses his job too.

Goodell should lose his job over this. It's the day after opening weekend...the day of the first Monday night games of the season...and, what, 5-6 hours before kick-off, NOBODY is talking about what happened on a single football field yesterday (or last Thursday). Wow.

• Upvote 1

What did the NFL think domestic abuse looks like? What happens when the next player gets charged with domestic abuse/assault but there isn't video of it?

I wrote that earlier - everyone knew what happened in there...there just wasn't video of it. NOW we're outraged? Rice should have gotten a season-long suspension months ago. Conveniently enough, Baltimore did nothing other than wait for the NFL to act - and now they cut him?

I wouldn't be surprised if some team ends up signing him but it won't be for a while no team would want to deal with the media circus that would ensue if they signed him in the next few weeks.

What did the NFL think domestic abuse looks like?  What happens when the next player gets charged with domestic abuse/assault but there isn't video of it?  6 game suspension, unless there's video?

Well there is Ray McDonald, 49'ers are waiting to see if charges will be brought up on him before the team does anything to him. 

LOL! The back-pedalling by the NFL on this is ridiculous. "Oh, NOW there's video? In that case, we REALLY mean business!"

Makes you wonder who else saw this video previously (law enforcement?), and why charges weren't filed. 

edit: I see he faced 3rd degree aggravated assault...

But still...if Goodell had seen this before he levied the 2 game suspension he's in serious do do. 

Makes you wonder who else saw this video previously (law enforcement?), and why charges weren't filed.

But still...if Goodell had seen this before he levied the 2 game suspension he's in serious do do.

Charges were filed and Rice was placed in some sort of pre-trial diversionary program that would essentially keep him out of jail. I don't know how this video didn't find its way to the coppers or prosecutor's office. It's either a case of total incompetence or complacency in thinking no one would notice this and it would eventually dissipate and everyone would just forget about it.

One of the news broadcasts I saw said that TMZ sports modified the video because the original was "jumpy" and difficult to watch. There may be some truth to the claims that NFL and/ or law enforcement never saw it. Well maybe.

The NFL and ESPN are such hypocrites, as Ray Rice will have this off his record, much like Ray Lewis got off. Didn't they just erect a statue of Lewis, and ESPN has him as an analyst? Shows that if you are or were a good player, they don't care about your character. Michael Irvin wasn't a paragon of virtue either, but now they seem appalled, when they knew this all along. How did they think she became unconscious?

The NFL and ESPN are such hypocrites, as Ray Rice will have this off his record, much like Ray Lewis got off. Didn't they just erect a statue of Lewis, and ESPN has him as an analyst? Shows that if you are or were a good player, they don't care about your character. Michael Irvin wasn't a paragon of virtue either, but now they seem appalled, when they knew this all along. How did they think she became unconscious?

I completely agree. I didn't need to watch the ISIS beheading videos to be outraged over Americans being killed. Everyone knew what happened in that elevator - now ESPN and others act like they thought Ray Rice was making balloon animals in there until they saw the video yesterday.