SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks, ND is a construction zone. They use Orange barrel like things to wall off the work zone.

Fargo is just as bad, every part of the city is under construction the worst (IMO) is on 19th in front of the Fargodome. It's not due to be done til October.

Fargo is just as bad, every part of the city is under construction the worst (IMO) is on 19th in front of the Fargodome. It's not due to be done til October.

I think this is the worst that I have ever seen it though.

The alternative is to not have the orange barrels and to still have the pot holes. Your call.

And then some of the same people complaining about the orange barrels would be complaining that the city is incompetent for not fixing the pot holes. This is what turns people off from serving in public office; you will always have someone mad at you for something.

So, basically, were in a circular argument then.

It's a simple tradeoff. Either put up with orange barrels or put up with pot holes. Our construction season is so short with our long winters that everything gets squeezed into the same short period of time. I don't like road construction either, but the trade off is worth not having my car damaged hitting pot holes.

I get more frustrated with the highway work. They will put up cones for 20 miles and only work on a very small section, and sometimes won't work on any. Can't they just keep moving the cones as they progress? Seems drivers would pay a lot more attention to construction zones if there were actually workers there.

I get more frustrated with the highway work. They will put up cones for 20 miles and only work on a very small section, and sometimes won't work on any. Can't they just keep moving the cones as they progress? Seems drivers would pay a lot more attention to construction zones if there were actually workers there.

Or how about keeping the speed limit low ONLY when workers are present, when they aren't there raise the speed limit back up. If it means going from 75-65 that's fine but going from 75 to 45-55 when no one is working is stupid.

• Upvote 1

Or how about keeping the speed limit low ONLY when workers are present, when they aren't there raise the speed limit back up. If it means going from 75-65 that's fine but going from 75 to 45-55 when no one is working is stupid.

Because if the work zone speed limit is 65, people will STILL drive 75. Lower it to 45, and you can bank on the fact that they'll be driving 55.

Because if the work zone speed limit is 65, people will STILL drive 75. Lower it to 45, and you can bank on the fact that they'll be driving 55.

Am I the only one who always gets stuck behind a guy going a couple MPH under the construction zone limit?

• Upvote 1

And when they don't? (see UND BIZ's post), also I don't go faster than traffic allows if there is no one I will go at most 5 over. 300 bucks in Minnesota is a pretty hefty fine.

• Upvote 1

And when they don't? (see UND BIZ's post), also I don't go faster than traffic allows if there is no one I will go at most 5 over. 300 bucks in Minnesota is a pretty hefty fine.

Minnesota's fines aren't that high for 5 miles an hour over the limit.

Regular zones I go around 75 on interstate in MN, I don't dare go 80 as their fines are not a joke like ND's.

Sshhh. Dear ND legislature, we do not believe the speeding fines in ND are a joke. Please keep yourselves busy with other items of more importance, like the state insect.

• Upvote 2