SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

Home and away 'traditional' look for this year, with an alternate uniform the following year is the deal.  From what I know Bubba prefers a throw-back gray look over the black jersey.  Glad the info has come out-

I assume along with uniforms, the deal includes training clothes, travel clothes, coach's attire, etc?

Home and away 'traditional' look for this year, with an alternate uniform the following year is the deal.  From what I know Bubba prefers a throw-back gray look over the black jersey.  Glad the info has come out-

I can get behind that. I like those gray helmets. I've only seen them here and there, as they're a little before me, but I can see that being done well. It's also a little unique with everyone and their mom "blacking out" jerseys or anthraciting.

Oregon's green matte looked great. I honestly had a dream a few weeks ago that we had matte white helmets with a larger ND logo, similar to the logo size of North Carolina's helmets. Let me tell you, it was a glorious helmet dream.

I love both these ideas.  Not sure about matte white.  Does that even exist?  White hemlets are no good.  There is a reason that very few teams have them.

I love both these ideas. Not sure about matte white. Does that even exist? White hemlets are no good. There is a reason that very few teams have them.

Baylor did that as well. I usually like pearl better than matte for white. Like a nice Cadillac.

I just hope we get jerseys that look like Wisonsins. Nice, clean, simple.

I have been doing a little asking around about this apparel contract with Adidas; logistics, teams involved (department wide?), etc.  So I found out something that is arguably the most unbelievable/ridiculous thing I have ever heard: one UND program is against the apparel contract with Adidas and wants nothing to do with it because apparently they prefer Nike.   Which program do you think it is?  Yep, the Men's Basketball program.  My sources are pretty good on this one and I am amazed that a program of their level would think they can reject a sponsorship deal that is for the entire athletic department.  If hockey had a hangup with something, alright lets talk.  But....

To put it in perspective, Adidas sponsors the following basketball programs:  Michigan, Miami, Louisville, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, UCLA, Cincinnati, & Nebraska.  Plus, they sponsor a boatload of FCS level teams like EWU, Sac State, NAU, etc.  

Supposedly, the Adidas deal is going through for the majority of the UND teams, most importantly football.  I don't know what will happen with BB.

I have been doing a little asking around about this apparel contract with Adidas; logistics, teams involved (department wide?), etc.  So I found out something that is arguably the most unbelievable/ridiculous thing I have ever heard: one UND program is against the apparel contract with Adidas and wants nothing to do with it because apparently they prefer Nike.   Which program do you think it is?  Yep, the Men's Basketball program.  My sources are pretty good on this one and I am amazed that a program of their level would think they can reject a sponsorship deal that is for the entire athletic department.  If hockey had a hangup with something, alright lets talk.  But....

To put it in perspective, Adidas sponsors the following basketball programs:  Michigan, Miami, Louisville, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, UCLA, Cincinnati, & Nebraska.  Plus, they sponsor a boatload of FCS level teams like EWU, Sac State, NAU, etc.  

Supposedly, the Adidas deal is going through for the majority of the UND teams, most importantly football.  I don't know what will happen with BB.

I actually noticed last night that the new UND basketball jerseys were all Nike and was wondering about this. 

That's what I don't understand. How can they just say no we are not participating in this. Makes no sense. Adidas doesn't have much to offer for basketball shoes but still.

I wonder how Kansas gets any recruits at all, I mean with offering those terrible shoes to wear.    :silly:

I think it's bit stupid that the basketball team is against it. They provide many top programs with their equipment. However, I do have a friend who is on the cross country team and dislikes Adidas as a runner. He thinks the shoe's that Adidas makes do not compare to the  shoes Nike or companies like Asics or Brooks make.

I think it's bit stupid that the basketball team is against it. They provide many top programs with their equipment. However, I do have a friend who is on the cross country team and dislikes Adidas as a runner. He thinks the shoe's that Adidas makes do not compare to the  shoes Nike or companies like Asics or Brooks make.

There are at least 5 Adidas programs that I found in the Top 25 of the X-Country rankings.  How does #6 Wisconsin possibly do it?  Talk about warriors.  

Cross country guys are hyper-picky about their shoes. It's just a thing.