SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

• 4 years later...

Adidas and NHL done after 2023-24. 

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1552737624204480513

UND's deal goes through 2024-25, which is how I recall it lined up last time. (Adidas took over NHL and UND was one of first colleges to move there.) 

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2017/11/20/211686435.aspx 

On 7/28/2022 at 3:49 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Adidas and NHL done after 2023-24. 

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1552737624204480513

UND's deal goes through 2024-25, which is how I recall it lined up last time. (Adidas took over NHL and UND was one of first colleges to move there.) 

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2017/11/20/211686435.aspx 

Would be prudent for UND to make a move at that time as well, given UND hockey is the major driver in these types of deals. And it would be a laughable mistake if UND went back to multiple different supplies as they did previously; need to continue with single university-wide agreements. I would predict Nike or Under Armour be the next target. Nike is the supplier for University of Minnesota and UA is for University of Wisconsin. With all that said, even with NHL and Adidas splitting up, UND could just stay with Adidas. Nike and UA are more expensive deals compared to Adidas; Minnesota (Nike) and Wisconsin (UA) have far larger budgets than UND. Not many FCS institutions with hockey programs for comparison. Miami (OH) and Western Michigan are also in partnership with Adidas. Conversely, University of New Hampshire appears to have multiple deals; Bauer for hockey and Nike for FCS football program.

Before Adidas for UND; pre-2015: UND hockey Reebok and UND football Nike. 

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Would be prudent for UND to make a move at that time as well, given UND hockey is the major driver in these types of deals. And it would be a laughable mistake if UND went back to multiple different supplies as they did previously; need to continue with single university-wide agreements. I would predict Nike or Under Armour be the next target. Nike is the supplier for University of Minnesota and UA is for University of Wisconsin. With all that said, even with NHL and Adidas splitting up, UND could just stay with Adidas. Nike and UA are more expensive deals compared to Adidas; Minnesota (Nike) and Wisconsin (UA) have far larger budgets than UND. Not many FCS institutions with hockey programs for comparison. Miami (OH) and Western Michigan are also in partnership with Adidas. Conversely, University of New Hampshire appears to have multiple deals; Bauer for hockey and Nike for FCS football program. This is similar to what UND did before Adidas; pre-2015: UND hockey Reebok and UND football Nike. 

Bauer is Nike is it not?

2 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Nike sold Bauer back in 2008 and they have gone through several different owners since then.

Well there you go; then back to my original post. New Hampshire is doing what UND used to do; different suppliers for different programs. 

50 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Would be prudent for UND to make a move at that time as well, given UND hockey is the major driver in these types of deals. And it would be a laughable mistake if UND went back to multiple different supplies as they did previously; need to continue with single university-wide agreements. I would predict Nike or Under Armour be the next target. Nike is the supplier for University of Minnesota and UA is for University of Wisconsin. With all that said, even with NHL and Adidas splitting up, UND could just stay with Adidas. Nike and UA are more expensive deals compared to Adidas; Minnesota (Nike) and Wisconsin (UA) have far larger budgets than UND. Not many FCS institutions with hockey programs for comparison. Miami (OH) and Western Michigan are also in partnership with Adidas. Conversely, University of New Hampshire appears to have multiple deals; Bauer for hockey and Nike for FCS football program.

Before Adidas for UND; pre-2015: UND hockey Reebok and UND football Nike. 

I don't think UND Hockey improved the addidas deal much - its fairly standard compared to other fcs schools.  

However, UND does actually have a deal in place with CCM for "hard goods", and it seems to be pretty good (though I haven't seen other hockey deals).