SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

So there is 7 universities involved as of right now, I'm sure there is a lot more. I wonder if the FBI investigation go into college football too.

South Carolina is university 2

Louisville is university 6

Miami (FL) is university 7

Auburn, USC, Arizona, and Oklahoma State are not listed as what number of the 7.

Adidas is company 1

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/9/27/16367814/ncaa-basketball-fbi-investigation-coaches-agents-adidas

Actually would be surprised if Teddy Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson weren't funneled into the Louisville program because of Adidas payments.  Those two are both from S Florida and single mother homes that needed cash.  Adidas doesn't want to be associated with a loser fb program, which Louisville formerly was like a decade ago and it takes major money for facilities and extra good recruiting to get athletes mentioned.  Can't say I blame the kids or their parent.

Football isn't as lucrative for name brands as basketball shoes, but the apparel companies still want a part of it.

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Actually would be surprised if Teddy Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson weren't funneled into the Louisville program because of Adidas payments.  Those two are both from S Florida and single mother homes that needed cash.  Adidas doesn't want to be associated with a loser fb program, which Louisville formerly was like a decade ago and it takes major money for facilities and extra good recruiting to get athletes mentioned.  Can't say I blame the kids or their parent.

Football isn't as lucrative for name brands as basketball shoes, but the apparel companies still want a part of it.

Are you questioning the integrity of Bobby Petrino?

• Upvote 2

On 9/27/2017 at 10:59 AM, SiouxVolley said:

According to news reports, Louisville AD Jurich and Coach Pitino have been fired.  News conference at 1 PM.  

On 9/27/2017 at 11:26 AM, cberkas said:

Pitino should have been fired after the dorm investigation. 

I'm shocked that this happened to a fine upstanding citizen like Rick Pitino.  SHOCKED!  

Adidas has been leading athletes to Kansas, including this one for next year.  Kansas always seems to reload, as does Kentucky, with the best players that are set for the NBA -as if they are thoroughbred farms.

http://www.chatsports.com/kansas-jayhawks/a/sources-adidas-was-trying-steer-five-star-2018-recruit-kansas-35608

Alabama pays diddly squat to Saban to keep him, the Alabama employee maximum of like $300 k.  But Saban gets over $6 mill a year from Nike and boosters.  In the past, Bama boosters were notorious for sliding greasy money into recruits hands, but nothing has come up since Saban took over.  Could Nike be paying Saban's recruits now, and taken the dirty work off Bama's Boosters?  Too many five star recruits seem to end up there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Adidas has been leading athletes to Kansas, including this one for next year.  Kansas always seems to reload, as does Kentucky, with the best players that are set for the NBA -as if they are thoroughbred farms.

http://www.chatsports.com/kansas-jayhawks/a/sources-adidas-was-trying-steer-five-star-2018-recruit-kansas-35608

Alabama pays diddly squat to Saban to keep him, the Alabama employee maximum of like $300 k.  But Saban gets over $6 mill a year from Nike and boosters.  In the past, Bama boosters were notorious for sliding greasy money into recruits hands, but nothing has come up since Saban took over.  Could Nike be paying Saban's recruits now, and taken the dirty work off Bama's Boosters?  Too many five star recruits seem to end up there.

I wouldn't be surprised if football is involved too, I don't see how Adidas is the only ones doing this.

Saban doesn't have the best recruiting classes year in and year out.

34 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I wouldn't be surprised if football is involved too, I don't see how Adidas is the only ones doing this.

Saban doesn't have the best recruiting classes year in and year out.

Can't find it now, but i read an article earlier where one of the asst coaches was quoted asking Adidas for more money because one of the other shoe companies had beat their $100,000 offer for a recruit. Seems Adidas is the only one getting hit so far because that's who the FBI's snitch had a relationship with. 

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Can't find it now, but i read an article earlier where one of the asst coaches was quoted asking Adidas for more money because one of the other shoe companies had beat their $100,000 offer for a recruit. Seems Adidas is the only one getting hit so far because that's who the FBI's snitch had a relationship with. 

It sounds like the FBI has the other shoe companies too.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

So under armour is clean or Maryland refuses the dirty money? Have to think Maryland has been too terrible to have been paying players. 

They are number 3 or 4 in shoe sales, depending on if you count Jordan Brand under Nike.

I have to think they are with how Cam was big on Under Armor when he was at Auburn.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20847512/nike-elite-youth-basketball-league-served-subpoena-sources?sf117409199=1

Sources familiar with the investigation confirmed to ESPN and ABC News that Nike's grassroots basketball division, referred to as the Elite Youth Basketball League, has been served with a subpoena, as federal prosecutors in New York and the FBI dig deeper into what they've called the "dark underbelly" of college basketball.