SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Thanks.  I don't think it looks bad.  Grey helmet would help though.

EXFUGXRYTXJHPUU.20161105194838.jpg

Even just a simple grey facemask on the helmets would GREATLY improve this look.  Or a grey Adidas logo and grey BIG SKY Conference logo (instead of black as-pictured).  

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing we get new jerseys in the next season or 2 with the updated fonts. Hopefully at that time the green jerseys have some combination of white, gray & black piping & stripes (white jerseys with green, gray & black) to make the white, green & gray pants all interchangeable with the jerseys. I'm hoping for a return of the black pants as well. Would be nice to get white and/or black helmets too. 

Seriously doubt we'd be swapping out facemasks each game to match our pants. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Westside said:

I'm guessing we get new jerseys in the next season or 2 with the updated fonts. Hopefully at that time the green jerseys have some combination of white, gray & black piping & stripes (white jerseys with green, gray & black) to make the white, green & gray pants all interchangeable with the jerseys. I'm hoping for a return of the black pants as well. Would be nice to get white and/or black helmets too. 

Seriously doubt we'd be swapping out facemasks each game to match our pants. 

Swapping facemasks is a really cost effective way to mix it up. I think the griz do it.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been a slew of arrests of college coaches and Adidas corporate types for bribery and fraud and other charges.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20824193/ncaa-basketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption

A former NCAA official says these arrests are only the beginning to one of the biggest athletic scandals in our lifetime.

Adidas was making payments under the table to recruits that went to Adidas schools.  Signing up a school to be Adidas or Nike involved major bucks, as those  of panties would help recruit with payments.  Oklahoma St, Auburn, Louisville, South Carolina, Arizona, Southern California are involved.

Other Adidas schools are Kansas, Indiana, NC State, Ms St, Texas A&M, Rutgers, Miami.

Auburn is an Under Armour school, but the assistant coach that was charged recently joined.

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This won't bleed down to UND now will it?

Secondly, how will this change Basketball as a whole?  How will this impact schools like Louisville who are already dealing with NCAA issues?

Course not, our bball boys rock the swoosh. Jones must have known something was up. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This won't bleed down to UND now will it?

Secondly, how will this change Basketball as a whole?  How will this impact schools like Louisville who are already dealing with NCAA issues?

Expect major issues against Louisville and Pitino.  Louisville has already acknowledged that there has been an FBI probe involving them. Seems all charges are not finalized.

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

You won't be able to convince me Nike and Under Armor aren't doing the same thing as Adidas.

More to come.

Adidas is known for throwing 3 to 4 times the money at schools than Nike does.

Louisville has to be looking at the death penalty at this point.....although the fact that North Carolina still competes in football and basketball makes me think twice about that.

35 minutes ago, petey23 said:

More to come.

Louisville has to be looking at the death penalty at this point.....although the fact that North Carolina still competes in football and basketball makes me think twice about that.

If Penn State, Baylor, and North Carolina (when ever the NCAA decides do something about them) didn't get the death penalty, I highly doubt Louisville will.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

More to come.

Of course Adidas has to throw more money for a foothold, kids love the swoosh.  Mine do too. For some reason, that's just what I've always observed.

Last month, Louisville signed to fourth biggest apparel college deal ever: $160 million for 10 years with Adidas.  Louisville football has gone through the roof too, as now they have regular Heisman trophy finalists.  The New York Post reported that there is a major FBI investigation over the Louisville programs.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/08/25/university-louisville-announces-adidas-apparel-contract-extension/600482001/

Nebraska just signed a $128 million 11 year deal two weeks ago with adidas.

We're almost talking real money here.

If Adidas wanted those teams on major networks to make sure the deal is equitable for them, a $20k under the table payment to a potential starving athlete is nothing but couch change.