SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The ring situation is minimal in priority but yet disappointing. The University of North Dakota's athletic department is mishandled to some degree. Yes, the budget crisis is troubling, but if funds were properly distributed, the football team would have championship rings. There are still hiccups in various corners of the athletic department, likely attributed to biased mainstays. The University of North Dakota still has work to do in terms of emulating more successful Division I athletic departments around the country. 

All in all, this situation is definitely not worth jumping off the ledge for. That much is fortunate. 

Did Eastern Washington and other FCS conference champions around the country get rings paid by their athletic departments?  I have no idea, just asking whether or not it is the norm. 

There are several Tweets floating out there (didn't want to post it on a UND Forum out of respect;)) with EWU flaunting their 2016 BigSky Champ Rings...they look pretty nice...Although a ring with the new Fighting Hawk Logo would look nicer!!!!!

Someone mentioned if you're playing for a ring then your priorities are skewed (or something like that). I Agree, in the voice of Herm Edwards, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!" The ring is just a symbol of achieving a level of success (like the BigSky Trophy).

Anyway, I have no problem buying my "Little Johnny" a ring with an approved Fighting Hawk design if it is available. Maybe not a big deal now....looking back in a few years it could be an opportunity missed. As for funding, I understand UND is cash strapped (broke) and their Boosters already give plenty; they are not a money tree!! Besides, the NCAA would probably have a **it fit about it!!!

Any designers wanna whip up some prototype design suggestions???

1 hour ago, PATRIOT said:

There are several Tweets floating out there (didn't want to post it on a UND Forum out of respect;)) with EWU flaunting their 2016 BigSky Champ Rings...they look pretty nice...Although a ring with the new Fighting Hawk Logo would look nicer!!!!!

Someone mentioned if you're playing for a ring then your priorities are skewed (or something like that). I Agree, in the voice of Herm Edwards, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!" The ring is just a symbol of achieving a level of success (like the BigSky Trophy).

Anyway, I have no problem buying my "Little Johnny" a ring with an approved Fighting Hawk design if it is available. Maybe not a big deal now....looking back in a few years it could be an opportunity missed. As for funding, I understand UND is cash strapped (broke) and their Boosters already give plenty; they are not a money tree!! Besides, the NCAA would probably have a **it fit about it!!!

Any designers wanna whip up some prototype design suggestions???

A little confused why players, families, or donors did not have the option to at least pay for them.......Oh well, the back-to-back will be that much sweeter.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Can we stop trying to make the green jerseys with grey pants thing work?  It looks bad.

I also am with you on that, it's our worst combo....and to wear them on the opener.  Whatever happened to just wearing white pants with the green tops once and a while.