Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Adidas deal in the works?

Recommended Posts

Sioux94   
2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The ring situation is minimal in priority but yet disappointing. The University of North Dakota's athletic department is mishandled to some degree. Yes, the budget crisis is troubling, but if funds were properly distributed, the football team would have championship rings. There are still hiccups in various corners of the athletic department, likely attributed to biased mainstays. The University of North Dakota still has work to do in terms of emulating more successful Division I athletic departments around the country. 

 All in all, this situation is definitely not worth jumping off the ledge for. That much is fortunate. 

Did Eastern Washington and other FCS conference champions around the country get rings paid by their athletic departments?  I have no idea, just asking whether or not it is the norm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PATRIOT   

There are several Tweets floating out there (didn't want to post it on a UND Forum out of respect;)) with EWU flaunting their 2016 BigSky Champ Rings...they look pretty nice...Although a ring with the new Fighting Hawk Logo would look nicer!!!!!

Someone mentioned if you're playing for a ring then your priorities are skewed (or something like that). I Agree, in the voice of Herm Edwards, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!" The ring is just a symbol of achieving a level of success (like the BigSky Trophy).

Anyway, I have no problem buying my "Little Johnny" a ring with an approved Fighting Hawk design if it is available. Maybe not a big deal now....looking back in a few years it could be an opportunity missed. As for funding, I understand UND is cash strapped (broke) and their Boosters already give plenty; they are not a money tree!! Besides, the NCAA would probably have a **it fit about it!!!

Any designers wanna whip up some prototype design suggestions???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MafiaMan   
9 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

The Men's Hockey team got rings for their National Championship. The rings were not payed for by the athletic department.

Nice apples to oranges comparison there...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

The Men's Hockey team got rings for their National Championship. The rings were not payed for by the athletic department.

 

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Nice apples to oranges comparison there...

Ok, how bout apples to apples comparison! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PATRIOT said:

There are several Tweets floating out there (didn't want to post it on a UND Forum out of respect;)) with EWU flaunting their 2016 BigSky Champ Rings...they look pretty nice...Although a ring with the new Fighting Hawk Logo would look nicer!!!!!

Someone mentioned if you're playing for a ring then your priorities are skewed (or something like that). I Agree, in the voice of Herm Edwards, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!" The ring is just a symbol of achieving a level of success (like the BigSky Trophy).

Anyway, I have no problem buying my "Little Johnny" a ring with an approved Fighting Hawk design if it is available. Maybe not a big deal now....looking back in a few years it could be an opportunity missed. As for funding, I understand UND is cash strapped (broke) and their Boosters already give plenty; they are not a money tree!! Besides, the NCAA would probably have a **it fit about it!!!

Any designers wanna whip up some prototype design suggestions???

A little confused why players, families, or donors did not have the option to at least pay for them.......Oh well, the back-to-back will be that much sweeter.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

A little confused why players, families, or donors did not have the option to at least pay for them.......Oh well, the National Champion will be that much sweeter.

FYP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MafiaMan   
23 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Can we stop trying to make the green jerseys with grey pants thing work?  It looks bad.

YUP!  Looks terrible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I want green tops with black pants

Agree; would look way better if black pants were used. Until grey helmets are worn, the grey pants are a tough sell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UNDBIZ   
Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Agree; would look way better if black pants were used. Until grey helmets are worn, the grey pants are a tough sell. 

I'm curious what the grey pants would look like with the white jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UNDBIZ said:

I'm curious what the grey pants would look like with the white jerseys. 

Worn last season against Northern Colorado. Still requires gray helmet.

All in all, gray is not bad, I would just prefer black instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UNDBIZ   
1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Worn last season against Northern Colorado. Still requires gray helmet.

Thanks.  I don't think it looks bad.  Grey helmet would help though.

EXFUGXRYTXJHPUU.20161105194838.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sioux94   
3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Can we stop trying to make the green jerseys with grey pants thing work?  It looks bad.

I also am with you on that, it's our worst combo....and to wear them on the opener.  Whatever happened to just wearing white pants with the green tops once and a while.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×