SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

46 minutes ago, Great white said:

Probably the wrong post for this page but.... Any news on a ring design for the FB team.  Will/Do they not typically get Conference Championship Rings?

Conference Rings are pretty common.  Gonna be a lot of rings to be handed out this year.....

Oprah.jpg

2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

I know this has been posted elsewhere, but why can't we buy the Adidas hats/gear the coaches wear???

Lack of a specific deal with Adidas that includes complete merchandise availability. That is, UND football has only a program-specific deal in place with Adidas, not a department-wide deal; therefore, the options - including the retail options for fans - are limited. 

A department-wide apparel deal (as mentioned here: http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4285706-und-focusing-athletic-department-wide-apparel-deal) would most certainly change the current limitations by allowing all UND apparel to be better available for UND fans. How would this be accomplished? Through athletic department consistency with a single athletic apparel corporation, such as Adidas, Nike, or Under Armour. This is one of the reasons the pending deal is significant and must get done. 

On 6/24/2017 at 11:03 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Lack of a specific deal with Adidas that includes complete merchandise availability. That is, UND football has only a program-specific deal in place with Adidas, not a department-wide deal; therefore, the options - including the retail options for fans - are limited. 

A department-wide apparel deal (as mentioned here: http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4285706-und-focusing-athletic-department-wide-apparel-deal) would most certainly change the current limitations by allowing all UND apparel to be better available for UND fans. How would this be accomplished? Through athletic department consistency with a single athletic apparel corporation, such as Adidas, Nike, or Under Armour. This is one of the reasons the pending deal is significant and must get done. 

I believe a department-wide apparel deal would really help UND move to the next level of supporting the Fighting Hawks' name and logo.

Apparel sales should soar    ,       ,     like a hawk.

• 2 weeks later...

Back up in ND for a couple weeks, a guy at Bachelor party had this cooler on Saturday.....i need to get one of these. Think he said he got it at Scheels. Will be nice when we have more Fighting Hawk stuff like this available. 

20170715_151758.jpg

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Back up in ND for a couple weeks, a guy at Bachelor party had this cooler on Saturday.....i need to get one of these. Think he said he got it at Scheels. Will be nice when we have more Fighting Hawk stuff like this available. 

20170715_151758.jpg

Must have been in GF. Fargo doesn't have much at all, and most apparel is pretty garbage, especially for the price. I did finally get a Fighting Hawks hat today.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, nodak651 said:
Looks like it will be more difficult to leverage our hockey success for a better Adidas deal.  I'm assuming they were the front runner before they sold CCM...

Adidas has transitioned away from using CCM and Reebok as the title company for their hockey products.  As evidenced by the new NHL jerseys, Adidas is going with Adidas to showcase their hockey gear.

This shouldn't affect a department wide deal.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2017 at 4:37 PM, Sioux94 said:

20170715_151758.jpg

Sam's in GF has something similar but smaller.

11 hours ago, southpaw said:

Adidas has transitioned away from using CCM and Reebok as the title company for their hockey products.  As evidenced by the new NHL jerseys, Adidas is going with Adidas to showcase their hockey gear.

This shouldn't affect a department wide deal.

Maybe jerseys, but Adidas doesn't make hockey "gear" (pads/sticks/skates/helmets).

• 3 weeks later...