SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

• 7 months later...

Anyone have any new insider information on uniforms for 2017? Additions of White/Grey/Black helmets? Grey jerysey's were a cool addition last year. Would love to see another addition this year. 

I'm sure it all comes down to money, but a grey or white helmet would be really cool.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone have any new insider information on uniforms for 2017? Additions of White/Grey/Black helmets? Grey jerysey's were a cool addition last year. Would love to see another addition this year. 

I'm sure it all comes down to money, but a grey or white helmet would be really cool.

If I could pick from all of those things......I'd pick white helmet.  

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I was thinking this last year too, a white helmet would look very, VERY sharp

3 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

If you're looking for a 7th grade photoshop of what that might look like, then you've come to the right place

Hawks1.jpg

Cool it does look good.  I think white pants, grey top, white helmet would look good.  Heck I'd settle for a 6th grade photo shop of that combo if you're up for it!  :) 

• 2 months later...

I don't think Adidas has much of anything to do with UND getting an alternate helmet next season.

With that said, I would love to see the throwback gray helmets next season; they would look sharp with the green jerseys and gray pants (along with a couple other uniform sets). 

58 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Nothing against the new logo, but this is why UND should have maintained the ND logo. It would be cool to see it used, if only on throwback/alternative helmets.

Not to split hairs (or feathers), but by definition, a "throwback" would require that the logo have been dropped at some point.  What makes you think that the interlocking ND won't pop up in the heritage line of products or even on the field at some point?

On 5/12/2017 at 10:31 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Not to split hairs (or feathers), but by definition, a "throwback" would require that the logo have been dropped at some point.  What makes you think that the interlocking ND won't pop up in the heritage line of products or even on the field at some point?

Maybe it will with under the same rules as the Ben Brien logo. I just don't expect it on the field because they were pretty adamant about dropping its use and rebranding. Frankly, I don't care that it is not the primary logo, but I do think it would be cool to see them find a way to incorporate it. Especially if we get alternative helmets; They wouldn't have to wear the ND all the time, but it would be cool to see it out once in a while.

As for splitting hairs... Throwback doesn't just refer to the logo, but also the style of jersey or helmet. I think a throwback helmet, with the green stripe would look sharp, but should have the ND, a throwback helmet style with the green strip and the Hawk would still look ok, but I personally like the concept of mixing it up a bit with the logos.

17 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Administrator or posters:  the above dialogue doesn't really have anything to do with UND football.  Can it be moved to a different thread for those of us who want to talk about FB.

Thx

UND football helmets and possible future UND logo combinations upon said UND football helmets and the incorporation of throwbacks into UND football uniforms "doesn't really have anything to do with UND football"?  Thank God you're here to keep us on task.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Administrator or posters:  the above dialogue doesn't really have anything to do with UND football.  Can it be moved to a different thread for those of us who want to talk about FB.

Thx

The last I saw this thread is about uniforms.