SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

Those deals take time to coordinate and negotiate. Plus all the gear and uniforms need to then be produced. From what I heard it will be worked on this year in time for 2015.

... makes me wonder if it includes new moniker and logos ...

... makes me wonder if it includes new moniker and logos ...

Every team will be getting new jerseys once a new name and logo are announced. That's a lot of revenue for a sports apparel company. So it only makes sense that when UND selects a new name and logo, when they order new jerseys would be the time when a new company would step in and make a deal with the University to produce them all.

The current ones? They're some of the best - they are based off of the Blackhawks uniforms.

Don't tough the hockey uniforms, please.

the last hockey jersey with the sioux logo was loosely based off the blackhawks jersey. the new ones with just North Dakota on them, not so much.

Wow those are some ugly uniforms.

Here is what I know:

- The greens are not adequate, obviously need to be replaced.

- I like the blacks and especially the whites. I hope we can keep close to the same design regardless of who designs them.

For what it's worth I do not think UND would ever go with any of the above flashy designs.

Here is what I know:

- I like the blacks and especially the whites. I hope we can keep close to the same design regardless of who designs them.

For what it's worth I do not think UND would ever go with any of the above flashy designs.

If UND signs a deal with Adidas, UND won't be able to wear their current Nike black and white uniforms; they would need to wear what Adidas designs them.

If UND signs a deal with Adidas, UND won't be able to wear their current Nike black and white uniforms; they would need to wear what Adidas designs them.

I fully understand that. I was saying that I hope we keep the look of the whites and blacks. Especially the whites.

Here is what I know:

And if you had told me that "traditional" schools like Notre Dame, UCLA, and Nebraska would wear the garbage that Adidas has put them in, I'd have said 'no way.'