SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

SFI mentioned they've heard rumors of an all sports Adidas deal. This would be huge. It's another step in the direction of legitimacy. Also Adidias makes the best shoes and unis in the business. This is also huge for the football budget. Now the money they would spend on a new green jersey can be spent on other things like strength training equipment and other behind the scenes things that make a difference. All around this is long overdue.

• Upvote 2

There are rumblings out of the UND athletic department that an apparel contract is being worked on for the entire department. Adidas is the brand we are hearing and it makes sense based on the fact that the UND hockey team uses Reebok, which is owned by Adidas.

Adidas makes much, much more sense given the bolded portion (quoted from SFI).

SFI mentioned they've heard rumors of an all sports Adidas deal. This would be huge. It's another step in the direction of legitimacy. Also Adidias makes the best shoes and unis in the business. This is also huge for the football budget. Now the money they would spend on a new green jersey can be spent on other things like strength training equipment and other behind the scenes things that make a difference. All around this is long overdue.

Adidas owns Reebok, which supplies the hockey team. That is the only reason this would work.

Also, I'd argue both Nike and Under Armour make superior football uniforms, but Adidas certainly isn't bad either.

I believe South Dakota has a deal with Adidas, as well as Wisconsin and Michigan, and they all have fine uniforms and equipment.

Let's get this deal done!

Adidas owns Reebok, which supplies the hockey team. That is the only reason this would work.

Also, I'd argue both Nike and Under Armour make superior football uniforms, but Adidas certainly isn't bad either.

I believe South Dakota has a deal with Adidas, as well as Wisconsin and Michigan, and they all have fine uniforms and equipment.

Let's get this deal done!

I've found Adidas shoes to be the most durable, they also make the lightest shoe fwiw. Their techfit compression gear is also second to none.

We have Nike football jerseys currently, correct? Any chance the deal would be complete in time to get new jerseys for football this year?

I suppose that would mean we would be getting new basketball jerseys as well.

I'm sure they'd make it work. Is Adidas manufactured in China like Nike?

Ironically, Notre Dame just booted Adidas to the curb and made a new deal with Under Armour. Adidas is definitely #3 in terms of representation in college football, but that doesn't mean they're bad. In all honesty, we just need an apparel/equipment contract with any of the big 3 suppliers. It would go a long way in terms of uniforms, equipment, and coaches apparel.

Ironically, Notre Dame just booted Adidas to the curb and made a new deal with Under Armour. Adidas is definitely #3 in terms of representation in college football, but that doesn't mean they're bad. In all honesty, we just need an apparel/equipment contract with any of the big 3 suppliers. It would go a long way in terms of uniforms, equipment, and coaches apparel.

I wasn't aware they booted Adidas, but definitely aware they are number three in the pecking order. Players these days are into the uni and gear so a deal (with whomever) is long overdue. Hopefully this pans out!

I'm sure they'd make it work. Is Adidas manufactured in China like Nike?

http://www.ask.com/question/where-does-adidas-get-their-products-made-from

Adidas group has a long history since it was founded in the late 1940s. The company was registered on 18th of August 1949 and has been part of the world of sport, delivering state-of-the-art sports footwear, apparel and accessories. Most Adidas products are produced by independent manufacturers (outsourced). They provide the suppliers with detailed specifications for the production and delivery of their products while enforcing strict quality control and inspection procedures to enclosure end products for their consumers. Most of their products are produced in Asia, with China being the largest producer followed by Indonesia and Vietnam. Production in the Americas and Europe is minimal, at 4% of their sourcing volume.

What kind of uniform UND gets is dependent on the type of deal negotiated.

A UCLA/Wisconsin/Louisville type deal is likely out of the question, unless UND's hockey team/reebok use allows for a big-time deal.

If it's a small deal like South Dakota/Sacramento State/Southern Utah, then the uniforms could be quite crude.

I'm hoping for the former, or perhaps something like what Northern Arizona has.

What kind of uniform UND gets is dependent on the type of deal negotiated.

A UCLA/Wisconsin/Louisville type deal is likely out of the question, unless UND's hockey team/reebok use allows for a big-time deal.

If it's a small deal like South Dakota/Sacramento State/Southern Utah, then the uniforms could be quite crude.

I'm hoping for the former, or perhaps something like what Northern Arizona has.

I checked out the aforementioned teams uniforms and Sac State and USD are pretty plain. I do like the SUU and NAU uniforms. Like you said, hopefully the hockey team helps to lift the deal up a notch if it does happen.

I am interested in this topic because I am just not a fan of our current green uniforms.

I am interested in this topic because I am just not a fan of our current green uniforms.

Neither am I, but most importantly, the players aren't either. I'm holding out hope a deal can be struck soon so UND can get some new uniforms and have supplied equipment.

• 2 weeks later...