SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

SWSiouxMN

Predictions for tonight's game?  Winning at Montana with the conference up for grabs is the next test in Brewster's line of progress.  I think if our halfcourt D gets humming like it has been lately we will have a good chance.  Knox and Burke to step it up.  Dyer to cut the jugular at the end (like the NDSU game).

Looks like we got a Gopher transfer. Grace Coughlin. Will play in 2016-17 as a sophomore. Replacement for Knox. Anyone see her play?

I have not seen her play, but she was a two-time all state selection, was offered by Minnesota when she was a 9th grader, and committed during her sophomore year. She was a high school teammate of current UND player Josie Dillon. 

Predictions for tonight's game?  Winning at Montana with the conference up for grabs is the next test in Brewster's line of progress.  I think if our halfcourt D gets humming like it has been lately we will have a good chance.  Knox and Burke to step it up.  Dyer to cut the jugular at the end (like the NDSU game).

I expect Brewster will shorten the bench considerably for this game if foul trouble can be avoided. If UND can shoot reasonably well, including knocking down an occasional 3, keep the turnovers to a reasonable number and stay out of serious foul trouble, I think there's a real shot to win.

Dyer and Szabla combined for just 20 points on the weekend. And today may have been Lloyd's worst game of her career. Lauck also really struggled. Just too many players having off games all at once.

UND has now suffered road losses against the 7th, 9th and 12th place teams. 

Sac. St. is always an adventure, win or lose.  They are basically a team of 3-point shooting track stars.  That footspeed is a bad matchup for us, and they ran around and past our defenders all day.  Would have liked to see Klapprodt on the court some as I doubt anyone could beat her with footspeed.

Last year was fun, but it will never be that easy for us again in the Big Sky.  When you are the new team in a conference and also have a rookie coach the other teams are somewhat at a loss in strategizing against you.  But that advantage disappears in the offseason filmrooms.  Teams have adjusted, which calls for re-adjustment by us.

Our chances of hosting the BST fell to 0% yesterday but the idea of missing the tournament altogether is still statistically alive.  Time to get it done on the road.