SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

SWSiouxMN

What is it with UND and women's and men's hoops with shooting free throws? Especially terrible on the men's side but not to excuse the women either, especially our 3 primary guards. You expect guards to be making a decent percentage of their ft's. They should be shooting a higher percentage for sure. I'm old school, do they not practice ft's much anymore at the HS and collegiate levels on belief they're not important enough or what? They're "free" throws, meaning uncontested and they're just mid-range shots. No excuses for not making 75%, really.

Dyer is usually around 80% Szabla and knox 70%. Mia is usually decent at the line but has had a few off games. It will come around.Im not as concerned with that as much as our 67 turnovers the last 3 games that caused us to barely get by NDSU and cost us wins against Minnesota and Clemson.

Ho hum win last night against Mayville. Took care of business, Loyd had  28 points and 15 boards.

Team have 25 assists and shot 21-23 from the line. 

Don't know what it means, but Emily Thompson got some minutes in 1st and 2nd half and scored 10 points in 11 minutes. 

Anybody hear or know of the extend of Evers injury and how much she is out for.  Miller hinted yesterday that the rumors where an ankle and will be out a couple of weeks. 

Not that disappointing.....that was a fantastic basketball game to watch. Two very good teams trading punches. One team had to lose it and we had a couple bad timed turnovers. Great job in non conference by the team, now onto the important games. UND fans need to get behind this team at home. We have a shot to host again this year but the Big Sky will be tough. We need to take care of home games. Last couple years Big Sky has been a very strong WBB conference.

On a side note Dyer is having a fantastic year. Lloyd and Evers get a lot of well deserved credit but Dyer is really starting to become a big time scorer. She is playing at an all conference level. She could be the X factor for winning the title. Kind of exciting she is only a sophomore.

Not that disappointing.....that was a fantastic basketball game to watch. Two very good teams trading punches. One team had to lose it and we had a couple bad timed turnovers. Great job in non conference by the team, now onto the important games. UND fans need to get behind this team at home. We have a shot to host again this year but the Big Sky will be tough. We need to take care of home games. Last couple years Big Sky has been a very strong WBB conference.

On a side note Dyer is having a fantastic year. Lloyd and Evers get a lot of well deserved credit but Dyer is really starting to become a big time scorer. She is playing at an all conference level. She could be the X factor for winning the title. Kind of exciting she is only a sophomore.

Lauck is getting going again, that is going to be huge for the 2nd half.

I like our chances for a repeat.  First things first, start 2-0 against Montana Schools

gfhockey/post #101--I hear what you're saying but believe the reason one does a jump shot on a field goal attempt is to minimize the chance of having their shot blocked, while when shooting a free throw there's no chance of another player blocking it.  I'm no physicist but I have to think when you jump you have less odds of making a shot vs shooting a free throw since movement has to effect (negatively) your shot making to some degree.  That would be evidenced by a good field goal shooting percentage being 50% while for shooting free throws it's considered 75% - 80%.  Go Sioux! 

I was at the USD game. I thought USD was a bit more athletic in the post toward the end of the game in crunch time which was why they won. Had Evers been able to play more and neutralize USD's effectiveness in the post we would have won rather easily.

• Upvote 1

I was at the USD game. I thought USD was a bit more athletic in the post toward the end of the game in crunch time which was why they won. Had Evers been able to play more and neutralize USD's effectiveness in the post we would have won rather easily.

Evers is such a huge part of this team's success.  Once she gets back to 100%, we'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

The picture for this game (Big Sky app on iPad) is much better than the mens game this aftenoon. Does UND go with HD and Montana State doesn't?

82-74 UND final

Yes, I believe that is the difference- UND I believe made the move to HD Cameras to accommodate Fox Sports and have better quality webcasts (was talking to one of the kids operating a camera at half one game). That's one thing I like about UND right now as they in many ways seem to be taking the lead in the quality of their product TV, Webcasts etc...when in comparison to Big Sky brethren. I may be the only one but I appreciate it.