SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

SWSiouxMN

Lets get the next season thread up and going.

Schedule so far:

Nov 15 @ Colorado

Nov 16-23 WNIT Tourney (TBD)

Jan 1 Montana

Jan 3 Montana State

Feb 14 @ Montana

Feb 16 @ Montana State

TBD: Minnesota

TBD: @ NDSU

TBD: @ USD

My early message: Get the Bunnies back on the schedule!

Lets get the next season thread up and going.

Schedule so far:

Nov 15 @ Colorado

Jan 1 Montana

Jan 3 Montana State

Feb 14 @ Montana

Feb 16 @ Montana State

TBD: @ NDSU

My early message: Get the Bunnies back on the schedule!

I agree. We should be playing all 3 Dakota teams every year. Also get Omaha too, anything to keep the Mayville's and Minot's off the schedule.

It does seem like a lot of lost revenue for NDSU to have the UND/NDSU women's and men's basketball games as a doubleheader in Fargo. Since no one goes to the normal women's games at NDSU, I suppose NDSU was afraid of what the low turnout of NDSU fans would look like if the women's game was by itself. NDSU did used to have a loyal following for their women's team.

Nov 15 @ Colorado

Jan 1 Montana

Jan 3 Montana State

Feb 14 @ Montana

Feb 16 @ Montana State

Dec 13: @ NDSU

Doubleheader at Scheels Arena for the men and women this year per Dom Izzo

I like that the NDSU game is on a Saturday. I might be able to travel for the game. UND tends to have the NDSU games during the week which makes it impossible to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 15 @ Colorado

Jan 1 Montana

Jan 3 Montana State

Feb 14 @ Montana

Feb 16 @ Montana State

Dec 13: @ NDSU

Doubleheader at Scheels Arena for the men and women this year per Dom Izzo

NDSU game on Dec 6. Still at Scheels Arena, but no longer a doubleheader with the men. Per Izzo on the Bison Media Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Very true. Maybe this team with home court will beat the goofs.

It will be a tall task, the Gophs will be better (at the same token we will be too) and this isn't the Borton run Gophers anymore. I don't think home court will be an issue since the place should be pack and be loud.

I think they have a good shot of beating Clemson too. The GF Herald article hit the nail on the head, UND needs to take the next step and start beating the bigger schools too, like they did 2 years ago against Utah.

Anyone know is Josie Dillon got her redshirt or not from last year? She will be a key component in bringing something UND really lacked last year. 3 point shooting

2 for 1. We really should have won down there last year. We owe them another visit- not sure if its next year or the year after.

Should have beat them last year but they will be a lot tougher this year. Their star player Banham didn't play against UND last year and they have added a couple nice pieces in a graduate transfer and a freshman who basically rewrote the record books for MN high school basketball. They should be a tourney team and a pretty good test to see where UND stacks up this season.

• 2 months later...

What happened with O'Toole?

I don't know but suspect that she realized that she wasn't going to see much playing time.

18 players on the roster - that is a bunch!  It will be interesting who is redshirted.  I would guess Buckley and Meyer - I think the other two freshmen (Strand and Sawatzke) will be contribute this year.  I am somewhat surprised that Roscoe and Klapprodt are back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...