SiouxSports.com Forum

It's almost that time!!!

arizona

Less than a week to go and I will be making my first of many trips to Grand Forks... I will be in town from the 26th to the 29th getting my son checked in for the summer session and look forward to meeting you all. Any good suggestions on where I can get a good meal and meet some of the die hard fans as we get ready for the upcoming football season? :)

• Upvote 1

Less than a week to go and I will be making my first of many trips to Grand Forks... I will be in town from the 26th to the 29th getting my son checked in for the summer session and look forward to meeting you all. Any good suggestions on where I can get a good meal and meet some of the die hard fans as we get ready for the upcoming football season? :)

Welcome. JL Beers if you like burgers and many beers. Mamma Maria's for Italian. Sanders or Toasted Frog for something nicer. The Cay for spicy Cajun food. The Red Pepper for overly simple "Mexican". Speedway for burgers ribs and cheap beer. The Blue Moose for awesome nachos and tons of beer. Wild Hog for BBQ. There are also random chains if you're feeling boring.

I'm not gonna ask who your son is but may I ask which position he will be playing? His timing is great for entering the program btw. He can make an impact immediately and help build the foundation for the future.

My sons name is Cedric Simmons and he will be a running back with 3 years left to play. Thanks for all of the information... Maybe we can get a chance to meet?

I look forward to watching your son pound the rock. Our new offense will be refreshing to watch. No more 6 wide fluff ball. Smashmouth football is back at UND.

Welcome to ND football - assuming you will be attending some home games and can walk around the tailgating site - we'll have something ready for you. Oh by the way the last home game we tailgated it was around 30 degrees.

Welcome to the UND family. We have a great sports tradition and a very strong football tradition. We are coming off a tough year but changes were made and I think the ship is back on course. Our tailgating is atmosphere is usually really exciting. I think your son is going to enjoy himself. He is going to be one of the leaders in getting the team in the playoffs in the near future. Our new coach is of very high integrity and your son is in good hands. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota! UND athletics has a great deal of tradition and our new football coach, Bubba Schweigert, will be leading our football program to great things. Again, welcome to UND and I hope you and your son enjoy the experience!

I will welcome you as well - even though I live in Florida! I sincerely hope your son will enjoy his days at UND - I am sure that he will. I also hope he plays an integral role in our advancing to the playoffs in the next couple of years!

I noticed arizona's blog about watering holes at Grand Forks and figured I would finally join the forum as we'll. I've been following all the football blogs since last year when my son started talking to UND as well as his commitment in January and signing day in February. I was wondering the same as him. The only location I recalled in one of the responses was the Red Pepper, a big favorite when I was a student. In January we had a chance to eat at one of the old favorites called Whities to find out it's not anywhere near what the original place was like. I'm also hoping to meet up with all of you UND supporters and looking forward to some tail gating for the Robert Morris and Montana games. My son is arriving in early January and very excited to be going to UND. Hoping the kids have a great year. Go Fighting Sioux.

The Oct 4th weekend will be of special significance in two areas:

1. Roger Thomas, a longtime personal friend, will be inducted into the HOF.

2. UND will play Montana U in football. Montana is a Great State because it is part of a special union called the United States of America. Having said that the griz suck!

Thanks for all of the information about the local watering holes in Grand Forks. As I mentioned i am excited to see the kids out there and the transformation of the football program under the new leadership.. My son is excited and I am excited because he is moving out :) I feeling the support from fans and the football staff. After all is said and done we had other opportunities but I firmly believe this was the best choice for him and his family and I am looking forward to the ride... Once again thanks and I will be looking for you... I will be the big tall bald headed guy that looks like he doesn't belong in the cold weather.. LOL