SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

The Wild beat writer Michael Russo wrote in his latest article that the Wild aren't going to make an offer to Niskanen. I think they wanted him on a shorter term like 3 years and he can easily get a 6 or 7 year contract from someone. Russo mentioned Tampa Bay and Washington as destinations that make sense and I think Detroit has him pretty high on their list as well.

If that is the case, I agree with not making an offer. I never wanted them to offer him unless they got him for under market value anyway. I think someone is going to way overpay for him and be stuck with a bad long-term contract.

If that is the case, I agree with not making an offer. I never wanted them to offer him unless they got him for under market value anyway. I think someone is going to way overpay for him and be stuck with a bad long-term contract.

It'll be interesting to see how he does on another team. No doubt he benefitted from playing on that team in Pittsburgh. Will he have the same success elsewhere?

A lot of money being tossed around early on. The Blues land Stastny with a 4 year $28 million deal. Edmonton seems to just be giving money to whoever will take it with a 5 year $20 million deal with Beniot Pouliot and a 4 year $14 million deal with Mark Fayne. Former Sioux Brad Malone should have a good chance to be an NHL regular as he signed a year deal with Carolina.

Wild get Vanek on 3 year $19.5 million deal that includes a no trade clause. Vanek reportedly turned down more money and years from others to join the Wild.

I don't like that move for the Wild, especially with the NTC.

Was somebody talking about organizations without a plan...Montreal anyone? And how about Florida going on a spending spree. 5 years @ $5.5M per year for a 3rd line player (Bolland)?!!!

Was somebody talking about organizations without a plan...Montreal anyone? And how about Florida going on a spending spree. 5 years @ $5.5M per year for a 3rd line player (Bolland)?!!!

Why? I think it is a real good move as it really helps adding another goal scorer and they didn't tie themselves up long term to him. I know Buffalo had to spend a lot of money just to get to the cap floor but 5 years $25 million and a no trade clause for Moulson and 3 years $4.5 million seemed like a lot for a 4th liner like McCormick.

Why? I think it is a real good move as it really helps adding another goal scorer and they didn't tie themselves up long term to him. I know Buffalo had to spend a lot of money just to get to the cap floor but 5 years $25 million and a no trade clause for Moulson and 3 years $4.5 million seemed like a lot for a 4th liner like McCormick.

I just didn't like the idea of them bringing in Vanek, period. Much better to get him on a 3 year deal rather than something like a 6 or 7 year deal, though. We'll see how he performs I guess. I think I'd rather have Moulson at $5M/year than Vanek at $6.5M/year.

Agreed regarding McCormick.

I just didn't like the idea of them bringing in Vanek, period. Much better to get him on a 3 year deal rather than something like a 6 or 7 year deal, though. We'll see how he performs I guess. I think I'd rather have Moulson at $5M/year than Vanek at $6.5M/year.

Agreed regarding McCormick.

After watching Moulson with the Wild it just didn't seem like he fit well with the and I didn't want him back unless it was at a pretty good discount.

A little surprised and confused to see Iginla get a 3 year $16 million deal from Colorado as he just doesn't seem to fit with the type of team they had last year and have been building the past few years.

After watching Moulson with the Wild it just didn't seem like he fit well with the and I didn't want him back unless it was at a pretty good discount.

A little surprised and confused to see Iginla get a 3 year $16 million deal from Colorado as he just doesn't seem to fit with the type of team they had last year and have been building the past few years.

Yes, that surprised me too. Sounded like he wanted to go back to Boston, and Boston wanted him back, but it didn't fit cap-wise. I think Boston would have been the best fit for him, and I was hoping they could have re-signed him, but figured it wouldn't happen.

Mind-blowing.

Both Florida teams are spending a lot of money on mediocre players.

Chicago reportedly signing Brad Richards to a 1 year $2 million deal and I'd think another move would have to be coming from them considering they're already over the cap. An already tough central division has gotten even tougher this off-season with the moves that have been made by those teams so far.

Chicago reportedly signing Brad Richards to a 1 year $2 million deal and I'd think another move would have to be coming from them considering they're already over the cap. An already tough central division has gotten even tougher this off-season with the moves that have been made by those teams so far.

That's a great deal for the Blackhawks. With Richards' buyout, he'll receive $12.6M over the next 12 years in salary from the Rangers, along with $8M over the next 3 years in signing bonuses. Add to that the $2M that he'll receive from the Blackhawks, Richards will make about $5.7M next year.