SiouxSports.com Forum

Mn Wild

Fetch

What do u think of this ?

http://www.hockeywil...imate-contender

Obviously my opinion is quite biased. I'm a huge Bruins fan but always like to see the Wild do well as the "local" team. If they would sign Subban, I'd hope they finish dead last in the Central division. Having Cooke and Subban both on that team would make them very easy to cheer against.

Let's take a look to see how realistic this even is. The Wild have about $22.7M in cap space for next year. Per the article it sounds like Subban will command about a $9M/year contract anywhere from 5-7 years, and also note that he's a RFA, so Montreal can match any offer that Subban receives from another team. Montreal has $26.4M in cap space next year. Also, if Montreal doesn't match an offer sheet, they would receive 4 FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS as compensation!

Along with Minnesota's $22.7M cap space, they have 5 forwards and 2 defensemen that are UFA's, and 3 forwards and 1 defenseman that are RFA's. So that's 11 spots that they need to fill with that $22.7M in cap space. If you tie up $9M on Subban, you have $13.7M left for 10 players. Good luck with that.

I'm not sure who this author (Dakota Case) is, but I hope Chuck Fletcher has more common sense than he(?) does.

This has to be just some random speculation...seems like they'd be mortgaging their future if they pulled this off. Four first-round draft picks plus an additional $9M on the books for 5+ years?

It's funny because the Wild tout all the salary cap room they have, yet it seems a lot of teams just as good (or better) as they are have as much or more room in the coming years.

I would shake my head if they did this...any other fellow Bruins fans think Coyle would look good in a spoked B?

This has to be just some random speculation...seems like they'd be mortgaging their future if they pulled this off. Four first-round draft picks plus an additional $9M on the books for 5+ years?

It's funny because the Wild tout all the salary cap room they have, yet it seems a lot of teams just as good (or better) as they are have as much or more room in the coming years.

I would shake my head if they did this...any other fellow Bruins fans think Coyle would look good in a spoked B?

He'd look mighty fine playing back home in Black and Gold. He's got 1 year left on his entry level contract this coming season. Fletcher better lock him up!

What do u think of this ?

http://www.hockeywil...imate-contender

Even as good as Subban is the price that it would take to get him would not be worth it. The Wild could use another high end defenseman but I think they will target that in going after free agent Matt Niskanen. The other key issue to address this offseason for Fletcher is to sign the young guys to long term deals.

It is speculation, if Russo or Chad Graf isn't reporting it, not going to happen.