SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Johnboy, what are your thoughts as to why NDSU is willing to travel to Missoula and Ogden, but not Grand Forks for non-conference games?

Those schools haven't ever went out of their way to actively harm NDSU that I know of. Feel free to email Gene. Always good about responding.

I'd also say once the game starts....it would be an obligation to keep it going...is that the case with Montana or Weber? Unlikely. Those are home-homes. UND would be a home-home into perpetuity.

I would just like to hear an honest, objective explanation from any NDSU fan or employee as to why travelling to Missoula and Ogden as part of a home-and-home is acceptable, but traveling to Grand Forks is not.

Taylor cited in his email to Faison that the revenue generated from their home games are paramount to meeting the fiscal demands of their program. So, fiscally speaking, which costs more: A trip to Ogden and a trip to Missoula, or a trip to Grand Forks.

The forensic accountants need to be deployed ASAP.

Sometimes I'm a bit in awe as to how stupid Gene Taylor can sound when he opens is mouth.

• Upvote 3

Those schools haven't ever went out of their way to actively harm NDSU that I know of. Feel free to email Gene. Always good about responding.

I'd also say once the game starts....it would be an obligation to keep it going...is that the case with Montana or Weber? Unlikely. Those are home-homes. UND would be a home-home into perpetuity.

Was it written in the contract that it would become an annual game?

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I'm a bit in awe as to how stupid Gene Taylor can sound when he opens is mouth.

He did work under Whiskey Joe for awhile.......................

North Dakota was offering to NDSU the same deal that they agreed to with both Weber St. and Montana. The net expense to NDSU for that same deal would be a fraction of the monetary cost that it will be for the Weber and Montana agreements.

I sure am glad that Taylor doesn't have access to my checkbook.

This is the same university that whines about inequitable funding every two years and has to raise tuition at an accelerated rate compared to the other NDUS schools. The way they mismanage their money over there is borderline appalling.

When your school looks like crap in the news you change the subject and of course try to make NDSU look bad. Yep you nailed it alright :lol:

There's a whole thread of this right here:

So, no... we aren't changing the subject.

That subject is still ongoing. This one is brand new (well, brand new information) as of yesterday. Quit avoiding the question.

• Upvote 1

When your school looks like crap in the news you change the subject and of course try to make NDSU look bad. Yep you nailed it alright :lol:

Are you mental?

From people in the know who have done research it sounds like only one of those kids was a UND student. The event was not on UND campus or a sanctioned UND event. The shirts did not use the Fighting Sioux logo or even make a mention of UND.

What don't you understand? Or are you just another useful idiot who believes everything he is told?

Another attempt to change the subject. If you want to discuss the nonUND tshirts worn at a non UND event by mostly non UND students, please feel free to post in that thread.

Are you mental?

From people in the know who have done research it sounds like only one of those kids was a UND student. The event was not on UND campus or a sanctioned UND event. The shirts did not use the Fighting Sioux logo or even make a mention of UND.

What don't you understand? Or are you just another useful idiot who believes everything he is told?

Say what you want. Google it and see what school keeps coming up in the news related to that story. Like it or not it is what it is. But you must be mental not to see that :lol:

Say what you want. Google it and see what school keeps coming up in the news related to that story. Like it or not it is what it is. But you must be mental not to see that :lol:

We agree that it was stupid, but you're still avoiding the question.

• Upvote 1

I see the FU analytics team is now on the case in addition to the forensic accountants. :lol::silly:

I have really never been in favor of resuming the football series, but at this point I would probably support legislative action mandating the game if they were to be revisited simply to see how Gene Taylor would conduct himself. The meltdown would be epic.

• Upvote 1

Was it in the contract?

Don't play dumb. It's the same thing with UT and aTm. Unless you want this to be an annual or every other year deal... No reason to support it.

If you want the game played... Call up Brian and tell him to accept the guarantee game. Maybe Gene will consider it then.

North Dakota was offering to NDSU the same deal that they agreed to with both Weber St. and Montana. The net expense to NDSU for that same deal would be a fraction of the monetary cost that it will be for the Weber and Montana agreements.

I sure am glad that Taylor doesn't have access to my checkbook.

This is the same university that whines about inequitable funding every two years and has to raise tuition at an accelerated rate compared to the other NDUS schools. The way they mismanage their money over there is borderline appaling.

My brother went to MSU and is not a fan of either team but lives in Fargo. He lit up Gene a couple of years ago at a fundraiser for not playing UND. Gene got mad and asked him why he cared. My brother told him that as a taxpayer he was paying the additional cost to bring in teams for home games and to travel to places like Weber St. and Montana when playing UND would cost essentially nothing.

My brother went to MSU and is not a fan of either team but lives in Fargo. He lit up Gene a couple of years ago at a fundraiser for not playing UND. Gene got mad and asked him why he cared. My brother told him that as a taxpayer he was paying the additional cost to bring in teams for home games and to travel to places like Weber St. and Montana when playing UND would cost essentially nothing.

did he likewise light up Roger Thomas back when he refused to play? Nope? Ok then.

No i am smart enough to recognize misinformation when I see it. I work within a large media organization so believe me when I tell you that news is now geared around selling emotion. Emotion creates ratings and pageviews. Good ratings and pageviews lead to advertising dollars.

Believe what you want sheep.