SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL Draft

Welcome to the new NFL...gang-bangers like DeSean Jackson...murderers like Aaron Hernandez...players makin' it rain at the strip clubs and totally demeaning women...no problem, it's part of the lifestyle and culture. But release a two-word tweet that reflects negatively on a player on draft night...whoa whoa whoa...that can't be tolerated.

Welcome to the new NFL...gang-bangers like DeSean Jackson...murderers like Aaron Hernandez...players makin' it rain at the strip clubs and totally demeaning women...no problem, it's part of the lifestyle and culture. But release a two-word tweet that reflects negatively on a player on draft night...whoa whoa whoa...that can't be tolerated.

What tweet are we talking about here?

Never seen so much hype of a 7th round pick...ever...but I know it was history in the making. My question is this...he was a 7th round pick for a reason. What if he isn't any good and can not play at the NFL level. Any way the Rams can cut him...without a lawsuit?

Never seen so much hype of a 7th round pick...ever...but I know it was history in the making. My question is this...he was a 7th round pick for a reason. What if he isn't any good and can not play at the NFL level. Any way the Rams can cut him...without a lawsuit?

If the Cleveland Browns cut former first-round picks Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson tomorrow, it won't generate nearly the buzz that the Rams will if Sam doesn't make it out of training camp.

If the Cleveland Browns cut former first-round picks Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson tomorrow, it won't generate nearly the buzz that the Rams will if Sam doesn't make it out of training camp.

If the Browns cut Richardson tomorrow.....it would create a ton of buzz. He currently plays for the Colts. :D
  • Upvote 1

If the Browns cut Richardson tomorrow.....it would create a ton of buzz. He currently plays for the Colts. :D

And Weeden was cut by the Browns and is currently in Dallas.

But who's keeping track?

Obviously not MM!!!

And Weeden was cut by the Browns and is currently in Dallas.

But who's keeping track?

Obviously not MM!!!

Obviously not. Called first strike on Richardson...swinging strike on Weeden. Looks like I'm down to my third strike...and I've got no balls.

Obviously not. Called first strike on Richardson...swinging strike on Weeden. Looks like I'm down to my third strike...and I've got no balls.

No worries...you are a hockey guy. Just remember the Rams are not in LA anymore, Houston Texans...not Oilers and Warren Moon is retired.

I wouldn't call Sam a bad player he just happens to be the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC.

Even those of us that didn't have a clue concerning the first two strikes suspected the latter. I'd take a couple pitches hoping for a pair.

I wouldn't call Sam a bad player he just happens to be the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC.

He's a step-up from the Big 12 co-Defensive Player of the Year then...Jackson Jeffcoat of Texas wasn't selected in the draft.

Who said he was a "bad" player?? He is 7th round pick...most of those guys don't stick out of camp. Why did he drop to the 7th round then? Curious.....................

Who said he was a "bad" player?? He is 7th round pick...most of those guys don't stick out of camp. Why did he drop to the 7th round then? Curious.....................

He had a better year then Clowney, I believe he fell to the 7th round because he's gay.

I don't see that anyone said that Sam was a "bad player," but there are reasons why he wasn't picked higher. The two I can think of are height and speed. Will he prove folks wrong? Quite possibly. But he won't be the first under-sized athlete to over-achieve.

He had a better year then Clowney, I believe he fell to the 7th round because he's gay.

If he could prove that, there's a lawsuit happening because you get less money the more rounds that go by. Job descrimination!

Here might be better reasons why...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1971528-michael-sam-combine-results-and-instant-reaction#articles/1971528-michael-sam-combine-results-and-instant-reaction

2nd lowest bench reps of 225 pounds of all but ONE other defensive lineman? 6'2" and 261?

So you would have taken him over Clowney if you would have been the GM at Houston? So who would have been your 2nd round pick? Brock Jensen??? ;)