SiouxSports.com Forum

Doesn't UND have a PR dept. ?

Fetch

This doesn't surprise me. For years, Gerald Groenewold has pretty much gotten away with whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. He forgot that he serves at the pleasure of the President of the University of North Dakota and that he isn't a private business owner. I for one don't feel sorry for him.

There have been some issues in the past year regarding the EERC, and this is also the guy who has been arrested for threatening firefighters with a shotgun when they came out to extinguish a grass fire he had started on his property, and domestic violence against his wife. I have a feeling that UND has a sufficient reason for putting him on leave, but I do wish that they would be more transparent about it.

There have been some issues in the past year regarding the EERC, and this is also the guy who has been arrested for threatening firefighters with a shotgun when they came out to extinguish a grass fire he had started on his property, and domestic violence against his wife. I have a feeling that UND has a sufficient reason for putting him on leave, but I do wish that they would be more transparent about it.

I'm sure future legal issues that are sure to ensue preclude that kind of transparency ... even in the public arena.

I'm pretty sure Kelley's full comment is, "Under advice of UND legal council, and until final resolution of this matter, my comment is 'no comment'."

Considering the quality of UND's legal counsel, that sounds like a suicide threat. ;)

Considering the quality of UND's legal counsel, that sounds like a suicide threat. ;)

Come on now. How can you say Julie is not a good lawyer. So she never has practiced law before.. Beyond that though if they went through what they did with the keys and everything I would bet he did something really bad that they found out about. Gerry knows what he did. As FightingSioux4Life said earlier he has been getting away with stuff for years and something finally came home to roost. Heck if they ever really looked into the shenanigans in the aviation department over the years there would be felony charges filed.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.grandfork...ains-mum-reason

Today, UND spokesman Peter B. Johnson confirmed that Groenewold has been terminated but would not say why.

Groenewold declined to comment.

Someone should tell this administration that UND is not a private business and cannot keep using "no comment" as the answer to every media question about this. This is a publicly-funded and governed institution of higher education and I think the public has a right to know why this is being done.