SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Rankings

twins15

I can see why you'd put them there and have no issue with it but I think they will finish quite a bit higher. Not sure how much, hard to tell with a lot of question marks still out there. I have a feeling UND's roster isn't set for next year either, wouldn't be surprised to see another transfer. Transfers Tyler and Shanks (second half) should help fill the void along with JuCo Coleman. Also Nash getting a 6th year would make a very huge impact, his athleticism for his size is tough to match up with. I think you'll also see UND playing more fundamentally sound and consistent, things that have been missing the last two years. Not sure whether that will add up to wins, but it should at least limit the downside.

Hi, I've put up a post on some early rankings for next year and how I see things slotting out very early.

http://www.bigskybba...y-rankings.html

I've put UND #11 for now with all of the losses, but really all guesswork for now. Would love to hear any thoughts or opinions...

11 isn't a bad guess, with most of the starters gone, and with the inconsistency of Coach Jones 11 is where UND may end up in March.

I think with what we have coming back, 11 is too low. I would put them above MSU and ISU. A lot can change between now and when teams start playing in November. I can see why you put them there with what they lose, but I really don't think all is lost. By the time conference season rolls around and getting Shanks for it would be a nice upgrade to the starting lineup. Our guards will be fine with Tyler and Hooker (I really think Hooker is going to blossom next year) and Stefan running the 3. Coleman looks like a nice piece to the puzzle, fitting an area we desperately need. Either Salmonson or Calcaterra or both need to step up and give us good quality minutes in the post. Hobaugh needs to build off his UNO performance, I think he can contribute as a backup 3 as well. Antwi needs to put it all together for his senior season. Benton needs to hone his craft too.

Now if by some miracle Nash come back.... then the whole thing changes. Now you have a solid starting lineup 1-5, added athleticism and stretching of the floor with Nash, and much needed addition to the frontcourt. That would also make the bench a little better with now Calc/Salmonson and Coleman now in the 2nd unit. Getting Nash could be the difference between a team that is battling for a playoff spot vs a team that could be a fighting for a top 4 seed.

If UND can also land 1 more transfer to impact the team this year (and 1 for next year), this team could make another run for a Big Sky title in 2 years.

Nash would be huge if he would get an extra year of eligibility. Do you think he has any realistic chance? Doesn't seem as though the NCAA is very strong in the common sense area, unfortunately.

Nash would be huge if he would get an extra year of eligibility. Do you think he has any realistic chance? Doesn't seem as though the NCAA is very strong in the common sense area, unfortunately.

I have a hard time thinking he will considering the NCAA didn't give him a waiver to play immediately when he transferred and I think that is what he's basing his appeal on. On the other hand, Tom Miller has mentioned a few times that he thinks there is a legitimate chance but it would be a late decision. Maybe he has some additional insight.