SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

Rocco, do you want the semifinal game versus Minnesota to be the way you leave this program? Listen to players that have left early. Zach Parise said he regrets leaving when he did and not winning a National Championship. Go out on your terms. Not by the hands of the Gophers. Stay another year, hoist a trophy above your heat in Boston next year, and then start your pro career then.

• Upvote 1

I'm biased, but I think it would be a huge mistake for him to turn pro. He has the chance to have a great junior year and greatly increase his stock/leverage. He isn't close to being an NHL player at this time. Seems to me that it would be mutually beneficial for him to play another year. Wouldn't he also be a free agent after next year?

I'm biased, but I think it would be a huge mistake for him to turn pro. He has the chance to have a great junior year and greatly increase his stock/leverage. He isn't close to being an NHL player at this time. Seems to me that it would be mutually beneficial for him to play another year. Wouldn't he also be a free agent after next year?

completely agree w u

Let me put it this way...I would love to see him stay but if he leaves N. Schmaltz coming aboard might actually be an upgrade from a productivity standpoint. Having both around next year would be better though.

I hope he stays as well. If he leaves I think it is highly improbable that he makes a NHL roster next year. He doesn't exactly have size on his side and another year of developing his game could go a long way.

He quietly had a great season winning faceoffs but in reality he is Gerbe...without the ability to finish and bury the puck. He leaves now...it's at a minimum a 3 years AHL gig before he sees the NHL IMO.

• Upvote 1

I truly can see the other side of the coin as the Panthers would want him developing around better talent and against better talent....

plus his desire to have chance at nhl asap....

plus florida may be pushing as to not risk him lost in free agency....

But Rocco.....talk to the forborts....the hextalls....the players that toil away in ahl for 2 plus years.....stay another year...

Get edgumacated .....it helps.

Build on the life as a whole for right now and the right now that happens when hockey is over.

I honestly believe that if Rocco can click here next year.....a Hobey Baker run is possible.