SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol and his team

SIOUXELEVENS

I'm slightly buzzed boys

So this guy kind of writes like you...Just happened to slip in to take a look at GPL and I thought I was as Sioux Sports.

by bucky7 ยป Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:05 pm

who here going philly

This one too... :)

bucky7 wrote:actually im a oil riggin rough neck who is working out in western NODAK.

gophs have more depth

but und has better coaching

hak did more with less

No. But like every other amateur golfer I can spray it around as well.

I see parts of the course that no one cares to take photos of. Maintenance shed, golf cart shed, hedges at the club house. Street out front of the course.

The kool aide is strong with this one. Get over it, we don't have very good forwards. It's just how it is. They get the job done but rely on strong defense and there's no way around that. They just don't score very much.

nailed it, we just don't have great forwards. There is no frattins, oshies, toews or duncans on this team. Grimaldi could be a great scorer in a year or two, but there is nobody that stands out like those other guys (I know Oshie and Toews are rare exceptions of recruits), but still ...

I see parts of the course that no one cares to take photos of. Maintenance shed, golf cart shed, hedges at the club house. Street out front of the course.

I'm drawn to the water in hope of seeing ducks

I agree for the most part other than Rodwell was a regular in the lineup that year as a freshman playing with Mario and Rowney on the fourth line once the team was fully healthy.

I couldn't remember the lines completely. Was my first year following hockey at all as it was the year before I was coming to UND. Good year to start following the team. Fell in love with the sport and Sioux hockey. I went back on USCHO and saw that Rodwell played a lot. Did not know that. Cichy and Davidson seemed to be the players that shared time. Is that accurate? Cichy played in a lot more games that year than I thought he did.

There were some very good points brought up earlier in the thread concerning the retention of coach Hakstol. The measured success agruement intrigues me.

I feel that until the season outcome affects UNDโ€™s ability to recruit we let this play out.

I am not sold on the Big 6 conference retaining recruiting power. Weโ€™ve already seen many MN and MI boys shift to smaller programs.

I feel the NCHC will be the premier conference in college hockey with in the next three to five years. UND keeps itโ€™s storied tradition and the ability to compete with the best of the best year in and year out. The talent level is what drives the teams outcome more so than the coaching. However Hakstol has proven to maximise the output of the talent level he is dealt on a consistant basis.

Sure a few nattyโ€™s along the way would be great and yes help in the recruitment process, but are we really losing any recruits because we have not won? โ€ฆUND seems to give these kids the opportunity to compete at the national level every year, so until that goes away I feel we should stay the course.

Off topic again but ate at a coal fire pizza joint in PHX last night called "Grimaldi's". Took pic of sign and sent it to my girls...they thought it was pretty cool.

So how was the pizza?

(this is the part where you say...)..."well, it started off with a tasty flash that got my hopes up, but the finish was disappointing." :lol:

EDIT: Rocco, if you read this, I'm only kidding. I could try that back-hand shot you scored on in the WI game 100 times and make 1. On a good day.

So how was the pizza?

(this is the part where you say...)..."well, it started off with a tasty flash that got my hopes up, but the finish was disappointing." :lol:

EDIT: Rocco, if you read this, I'm only kidding. I could try that back-hand shot you scored on in the WI game 100 times and make 1. On a good day.

You actually think you could hit it that hard?

Off topic again but ate at a coal fire pizza joint in PHX last night called "Grimaldi's". Took pic of sign and sent it to my girls...they thought it was pretty cool.

Great pizza! Was there in February.

Now can we get back to being labeled as "haters"? Thanks for taking the heat for awhile FS4Life! :-)

• Upvote 1

Great pizza! Was there in February.

Now can we get back to being labeled as "haters"? Thanks for taking the heat for awhile FS4Life! :-)

Very good pizza...Black Sheep in the Cities is bettter IMO for that type of baking pizza.

First, many people's opinions are just flat out wrong. I can say a Honda is a nicer car than a Porsche. It's my opinion, but my opinion is 100% wrong. It astonishes me how limited some folks' perspective is. To say Hak is anything but an elite coach is moronic.

In many of the past seasons we are talking about literally a bounce or two from a national championship. It's just as nuts to say Hak's a great coach because we won this past weekend where we got a bounce, as to say he is inadequate because we lose a tournament game in a similar fashion.

Look at the body of work. It speaks for itself. If we weren't competitive, weren't in the mix for league championships I would have a problem as well.

To the folks that say Hak doesn't change from his system: I really don't understand this one. I haven't seen a game this year where the breakouts, forechecks, PP, etc. haven't been modified during the game. Doesn't mean that it works, but the system 100% changes. If you can't see that you have no business complaining.

Well, I have followed this program for about 20 years (not counting all the games I watched growing up) and I think that gives me a good perspective on things. Of course others have different perspectives than mine. What I will not tolerate is being called names and basically being told to shut up. You didn't do that.....the people that did know who they are.