SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol and his team

SIOUXELEVENS

why r u angry today

not angry guess just frustrated at people selling this team short, the reason we are in the f4 is obviously because we are one of the most talented teams in the country. Sorry about being condescending in my comment. I just think these kids deserve to be given more credit than just calling them overachievers imho
  • Upvote 1

To be fair, I never said or insinuated any such comments as those attributed to me by your reply back to my original post.

I wasn't attributing them to you. Merely pointing out that the "keep Hak" crew hasn't all been keeping the gloves up either.

Not directed specifically at mafiaman:

TBH, when the personal attacks start it just makes both sides look awful, but go ahead and keep plugging away.

this team has not overachieved, did anyone see goth put the fargo force on his shoulders and carry the team, this team is capable of even more than what they have shown. This team is built specificially to win in the ncaa tourn, give the team its due theyve underachieving in my eyes i think they are capable of even more

You are seriously overestimating this team. They are definitely overachieving. Gothberg is probably better than Dell was but not head and shoulders better. He is a good not great goalie that seems to have really limited his biggest weakness (super soft goals), but they do still appear every now and then, including the greatest game of his life against Ferris.

For our forwards. Pattyn, Gaarder, Rodwell, St. Clair, Chyzyk, and Panzarella would have never seen the ice on the Pony Express team. Parks would have been playing with Mario. Again, probably the second best forward we have on our team this year would have been a fourth liner three years ago.

I'm as excited for the frozen four as anyone but I think we should also call a spade a spade and this year's team is overachieving. And there is nothing wrong with being overachievers. Yale wasn't one of the four best teams in the country last year and they won it all. The gophers probably had the best team in the country last year and lost in the first round.

not angry guess just frustrated at people selling this team short, the reason we are in the f4 is obviously because we are one of the most talented teams in the country. Sorry about being condescending in my comment. I just think these kids deserve to be given more credit than just calling them overachievers imho

The kool aide is strong with this one. Get over it, we don't have very good forwards. It's just how it is. They get the job done but rely on strong defense and there's no way around that. They just don't score very much.

You are seriously overestimating this team. They are definitely overachieving. Gothberg is probably better than Dell was but not head and shoulders better. He is a good not great goalie that seems to have really limited his biggest weakness (super soft goals), but they do still appear every now and then, including the greatest game of his life against Ferris.

For our forwards. Pattyn, Gaarder, Rodwell, St. Clair, Chyzyk, and Panzarella would have never seen the ice on the Pony Express team. Parks would have been playing with Mario. Again, probably the second best forward we have on our team this year would have been a fourth liner three years ago.

I'm as excited for the frozen four as anyone but I think we should also call a spade a spade and this year's team is overachieving. And there is nothing wrong with being overachievers. Yale wasn't one of the four best teams in the country last year and they won it all. The gophers probably had the best team in the country last year and lost in the first round.

That team had a first round pick on the fourth line......

I agree for the most part other than Rodwell was a regular in the lineup that year as a freshman playing with Mario and Rowney on the fourth line once the team was fully healthy.

exactly what happened at the Sawgrass 17th

Round one....pin back left. Pulled tee shot left. Disappeared. Was 1/3 way down walking path. Chip and 2 putt for bogey 4.

Round 2...Pin middle right. 5'9" from hole and hit putt for birdie 2.

why does it sound like there is a lot of apologizing going on for this team making the frozen four? the 2004 team didn't make it this far and I'm pretty sure most on here were devistated by that as that team was one of the best to take the ice in the last 10-15 years. maybe this makes up for that. this team may or may not win next thursday but have done more than I would have expected on Nov. 29.

Round one....pin back left. Pulled tee shot left. Disappeared. Was 1/3 way down walking path. Chip and 2 putt for bogey 4.

Round 2...Pin middle right. 5'9" from hole and hit putt for birdie 2.

no balls in the water, think I gave mm a guess of more than that, but not many more, since anyone who even attempts that hole is either a low handicapper or has a lifetime supply of balls