SiouxSports.com Forum

Potentially Dangerous Blizzard (Sun night thru Mon night)

fightingsioux4life

Schools in the Fargo-Moorhead area have already cancelled, before the precipitation has even started.

What's that mean?

It's sure to be a dud. :D

Well, southern valley is still just windy: no precipitation so far.

I see this happening: Nothing until about 3 pm today, and then it cuts loose overnight so Fargo area schools cancelled for nothing on Monday and won't cancel on Tuesday (when they should because of poor roads). Takers?

So FM schools closed today and didn't have to be but probably will need to be tomorrow with storm arriving late.

And with all the models and technology how does one misforecast this storm arriving by 15+ hours?

So FM schools closed today and didn't have to be but probably will need to be tomorrow with storm arriving late.

And with all the models and technology how does one misforecast this storm arriving by 15+ hours?

Its not the first time a storm has taken its time getting here. But schools closed when there is a blizzard warning issued, to be on the side of caution. I think they should have waited until the storm is almost here to issue the warning. That would be like issuing a Tornado Warning or Severe T-storm Warning when its storming in Dickinson, and sunny in Fargo/Grand Forks.

I need to look into that meteorological profession.. . that way I can be wrong 75% of the time and still get a pay check …

• Upvote 1

I'd rather they issue warnings beforehand than after the fact like they did earlier this year for a blizzard. I almost found myself stuck on the highway outside of forks instead of watchin Sochi oshie!

With that said it was blizzarding earlier today outside of Fargo. It started before noon around grand forks and even earlier further north or west.