SiouxSports.com Forum

Gary Shopek

squirtcoach

A guy I used to cheer against, former Gopher Gary Shopek is battling late stage esophageal cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Today I am cheering for this Golden Gopher. Win this one Gary!

http://www.startribu.../252231581.html

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. This hits home especially hard for me this weekend and I hope the Shopek family can enjoy their time with Gary, no matter how long it may be.

I remember this name...and I didn't take him for a walk-on. Not for a minute. It was a name I didn't want to see on the ice...like MIcheletti.

Like all Sioux fans, I appreciate the competitive spirit of a man who would play league hockey into his late forties.

Another stick tap. Raise 'em high.

I could never say how I feel as well as the Psalmist.

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...